Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

quick one

Options
  • 21-01-2013 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

In a fit of uber cleaning I managed to flush the spring and the little plastic whatchacallit from my bottling stick down the sink. Does anyone know if they sell them in Tesco Clare hall....Work will take me that way later in the week so its convenient but if they don't stick them I'll just order one online now....along with a pile of other stuff no doubt!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

Unfortunately not. I've never seen them anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭engrish?

Does your sink have a ubend underneath? That may well cause a blockage down the line so if it was me, I would remove it.

Unfastening a ubend is very simple, just unscrew the connections and pull it away. I would get some plumbers tape (€2) from woodies for refastening though. All you do is put a thin layer around the threads before you refasten the connection. It stops any leaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭kenmac

engrish? wrote: »
    Does your sink have a ubend underneath? That may well cause a blockage down the line so if it was me, I would remove it.

Unfastening a ubend is very simple, just unscrew the connections and pull it away. I would get some plumbers tape (€2) from woodies for refastening though. All you do is put a thin layer around the threads before you refasten the connection. It stops any leaks.

Tried that...no luck...I had a fair run of water going at the time so I reckon its in the Irish sea by now.

I ordered another yesterday so shoul be back in business before the weekend.

Advertisement