Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom.net email on mac book

Options
  • 21-01-2013 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,999 ✭✭✭✭

I'm new to Mac and have always used Outlook on a windows machine before for my eircom.net emails. I have also used a number of different smartphones on Android and Nokia platforms with no problem for my eircom.net emails.

I am setting up my macbook for eircom.net email and get the folowing error. I have double and triple checked the password and it is correct. I have also replaced my email address with my just my user name and still does not work.

Can somebody shed any light on this please

picture.php?albumid=2319&pictureid=14438

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

You must specify the incoming (and outgoing) server:

Incoming, POP3 = webmail.eircom.net

Outgoing, SMTP = mail2.eircom.net (no authentication required)

IIRC

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭technocrat

Torqay wrote: »
    You must specify the incoming (and outgoing) server:

Incoming, POP3 = webmail.eircom.net

Outgoing, SMTP = mail2.eircom.net (no authentication required)

IIRC
    Keeping it simple mail1.eircom.net will work for both incoming & outgoing servers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭Firblog

AFIK you can't download from eircom.net using any apple software, don't believe that they view the Eircom sever as 'secure' so they don't allow the connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,999 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Thanks guys
    mail servers weren't the issue. Playing around with it last night I got it sorted. It was something to do with unticking a secure server box as far as I remember (in work now on a poxy pc :()

Advertisement