Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firewood Seller Dublin Rd Drogheda

Options
  • 21-01-2013 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭

Hope somebody can help.

Used to buy some firewood and turf from a guy who parked outside the nursing home on the Dublin Rd, just before the Grange Rath shopping centre. He sold decent stuff and was there on a Saturday.

He had a Black Transit van with small Celtic Designs and something like Valhalla Tree Services in small writing on it. I thought his name was Donnacha, or something like that, and he usually had a beard / goatee.

Last few times I've been in Drogheda his van never seems to be there. Friend who lives in Drogheda says he hasn't seen him since before Christmas. Anybody know if he's moved on or have a phone number for him ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭feck sake lads

no idea but if your looking for fire woods as in bags of blocks;)
    theres a guy on the slip road over to woodies rounabout there most days.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭kormak

no idea but if your looking for fire woods as in bags of blocks;)
    theres a guy on the slip road over to woodies rounabout there most days.

Yeah, at crazy prices by the looks of things. €5 for a tiny bag of logs... g'luck!
    There is a fella called 'Slip' out Dowth direction who'll sort you out big time.
    Don't have his contact details, but you buy by the trailer load and save big time.
    I would have got some myself this year but I don't have the storage space @ the minute for the logs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭gipi

There's a guy who parks up on the R132 just outside Julianstown (on the Drogheda side) and sells turf, logs as well as some farm produce (potatoes & eggs).

He's there Thursday to Sunday.

No connection, other than as a customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Stooped

There's the garage opposite the Aldi in Mell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

kormak wrote: »
    There is a fella called 'Slip' out Dowth direction who'll sort you out big time.
    Don't have his contact details, but you buy by the trailer load and save big time..

I'm looking to get a trailer load...any chance you could dig out his details?
    *tries googling slip dowth*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭enricoh

theres a lad in drawda independent does trailer loads but its only a 6 by 4 which holds sod all. if u have space go on donedeal i got a small truckload but i dont have the no. ring a few lads and ask l x b x h of load and compare.
    try n get ones chopped a year ago and stored as newly cut will be full of water

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

enricoh wrote: »
    theres a lad in drawda independent does trailer loads but its only a 6 by 4 which holds sod all. if u have space go on donedeal i got a small truckload but i dont have the no. ring a few lads and ask l x b x h of load and compare.
    try n get ones chopped a year ago and stored as newly cut will be full of water

and eventually lead to your chimney going on fire.

Advertisement