Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urban Hype Question

Options
  • 21-01-2013 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Is the Urban Hype Hairdresser in Waterford a good place to get a mens haircut? Ive heard it won many awards?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Yeah it's good. I get my hair cut in there and I'm cool as fuck.

Well, I'm kinda cool.

Okay, my mother and one of my aunties once said I'm cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

I think you'll have to make a booking, but it's a superb establishment and you'll be happy that you went.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 TomH2012

Thanks for the replys is it just funky kind of styles or do they do normal styles because i hate getting cuts in barbers they take way too much off and peter marks can be very expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Tell them what you want done and they will do it. They're cool like that.

Well they're kinda cool.

No, I had a think about it, they actually are cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

TomH2012 wrote: »
    Thanks for the replys is it just funky kind of styles or do they do normal styles because i hate getting cuts in barbers they take way too much off and peter marks can be very expensive

It's whatever you want. From the old 3 at the back and trim the top to "make me look like fellani"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭jad2007

Know what ya mean. Most barbers are fairly basic in what they do " what blade do you want buddy"? on the other hand Peter Marks are way to dear and you they always seem to give the guys the 16 year old intern that hasnt a clue and wants to practice on someone. I went to Hype with my grooms party before the wedding. Was grand and i didnt have to sell the car to pay for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

The girls in there are sound. They'll go out of their way to make your feel comfortable and get your hair the way you want it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭deisemum

They're very good and the prices are reasonable. They do a lot of ongoing training to provide up to date styles.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I always had that problem with barbers - you ask for a small cut and you come out like your joining the army. Salons are very expensive for a small haircut. I just pop into a lady that does it from home and find her reliable and the same price as going to a barbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Kracken

I use Larry Hogan's, nothing like a old style chair, couple of papers to read and a trim....

I have been going to him for years, plus you get to hear all the goings-on in the town...

• Advertisement
Advertisement