Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pubs with darts boards

Options
  • 21-01-2013 9:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭

I've searched boards for this topic, but any places I have found that supposedly have darts boards don't (any more).

So I'm wondering if anybody could help me with names of pubs in the city with darts boards. Preferably city centre, but Phibsborough or Cabra would be ok too. Possibly other places, if I fancied taking a trip out for a night.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Thread here might be of some use to you.

Other than that I think The Legal Eagle has/had a dart board. Publin.ie list Oil Can Harry's & The Black Sheep as having one but I've never seen one in the Black Sheep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Thread here might be of some use to you.

Other than that I think The Legal Eagle has/had a dart board. Publin.ie list Oil Can Harry's & The Black Sheep as having one but I've never seen one in the Black Sheep.
    Its downstairs, only open friday and saturday evenings really though. Table football too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Lazarus2.0

Taveys (Richmond Bar) on Church St is HQ of North City Darts League . Next door to that is The Tap . Market Bar on East Arran St also has dartboards . City Arms on Prussia St . Fassagh House in Cabra (not sure if the board there is available all day or only on match nights) - same applies to Delahuntys , Upper Dorset St . Both these may well have dartboards open , I just havent been in them so cant say for sure .
    All the above - except Market Bar - play league matches on wednesday nights. Pop along around 8-8.30pm and most teams would be happy to let you join in the warm-up games . Posting on Darts forum on here will probably get you more pubs in city centre too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 bad mongo

The middle bar in Bohs stadium in Dalymount has a dart board and possibly a team iirc, it's definitely open on Fri/Sat/Sun but not sure baout midweek at the moment - you should drop in and see what the story is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

adamski8 wrote: »
    Its downstairs, only open friday and saturday evenings really though. Table football too

Downstairs? Is there a basement in the Black Sheep?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

Thanks so much everyone. I'll check some of them out at the weekend.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 405 ✭✭Econoline Van

The Palace on Camden Street has a dart board.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

There was one in the Bar in Tolka Park, when I was there the last time

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Lars1916 wrote: »

Still there afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭wicklowwonder

Downstairs in the the Stags Head. Frank Ryan's just beside Smithfield on Queen St. use to have one down the back by the pool table. Also I think Delaneys in Smithfield has a board as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Yillan

Leeson Lounge has one

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

The Temple on Temple street/Dorset street has one.

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

Molloy's on Talbot Street had one in the smoking area but it's been a few months since I've been there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Downstairs? Is there a basement in the Black Sheep?
    yeah you will see a sign on the door reading something like "come down we're open" when they do have it open. a few times they have let me go down when it wasnt officially open to throw a few darts. its the door at the opposite side of the cask bar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

the 4 roads in crumlin has one

the 4 roads in crumlin has one

OP will probably want to leave with his limbs in place!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

OP will probably want to leave with his limbs in place!

ah they arent that bad if you can tame them

Crumlin would be a little far tbh.
    Thanks for all the suggestions. Just want to make sure that you know these places have them for sure yeah? like you've actually been in them in the past 6-12months

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭crashplan

Tom Kennedy's on Thomas Street has a board.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Good thread here about Darts pubs

21/25

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭OkayWhatever

Porterhouse on Nassau Street definitely has one, was there last weekend and saw it!

In a bit on the left after you walk in the main door, it may be quite easy to miss!

Lars1916 wrote: »

Was in the Bar in Tolka tonight, lovely new dart board and a lovely revamped bar in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Was in the Bar in Tolka tonight, lovely new dart board and a lovely revamped bar in general.

I'm looking forward to go back there, I really am :D

Just wanted to report back on this.
    We tried Porterhouse on Nassau St, and while yes they have a darts board, they have no darts.
    We tried the Stags Head, and nope, no darts board. we asked in there where to find one, as we're sick of looking, and he said to try the Bankers, downstairs. Which we did, and they do have! the manager/owner was very kind to open up the private club downstairs for us, and even gave us his personal darts. We had a great time.

We'll probably give more of these places a go, but at least we've actually found a place we can go to now.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭OkayWhatever

Really...??! I saw people playing darts in porterhouse Nassau Street,that's how I noticed the board in the first place!! Sorry about that!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,309 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Mother Reilly's in Rathmines has a board in the snug. Maybe a little out of the way, but the Blue Light in the foothills of the mountains has one too. Both shops do a smashin' pint, but if you head for the Blue Light, somebody will probably have to do without...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Really...??! I saw people playing darts in porterhouse Nassau Street,that's how I noticed the board in the first place!! Sorry about that!

They more than likely brought their own darts

• Registered Users Posts: 29 jimmymcg

the legal eagle used to have one, but heard its for sale so god knows what the new owners will do!

Advertisement