Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Under eye concealer

• 21-01-2013 10:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭

I need a under eye concealer that has great coverage for my dark circles but doesn't highlight fine lines. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

A corrector works better for under eye darkness, Bobbi Brown do a good one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

Are they not the same thing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

Laura Mercier secret concealer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Collection 2000's concealer is amazing and doesn't highlight fine lines:)

Graftobian's colour corrector concealer is also amazing in general but the middle colour does wonders for the under eye area

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭vibrantblue

+1 for Bobbi Brown Corrector

I've tried so many products for my awful dark circles. This is the best imho.

Concealers vs. Correctors:

• Advertisement

mood wrote: »
    Are they not the same thing?

No as a concealer won't cover the darkness for you ....^ Great video from Wayne Goss there...love him!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

What price should I expect to pay for a corrector and how long do they last?

About €27 I think, should last you a year depending how often you use it.
    One thing to remember when using it is to have the under eye area well hydrated...otherwise it will cake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Sorry if this thread is too old, but I was just considering buying a Bobbi Brown Corrector and I found the girl at the counter a bit off-putting. She tried to say I had to use to the Corrector with the Concealer over it (which only came in a powder duo) and that almost no-one can get away with only Concealer. When I said I wouldn't be using Corrector just on its own, I'd be using it under foundation, she was all incredulous :confused: that I use foundation under my eyes. :( I thought I'd done my research and I know they are designed to be worn together, but I just don't want loads of product under my eyes! I wouldn't mind, but she had kinda obvious dark circles under her eyes!

How do other people use corrector?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Malari wrote: »
    Sorry if this thread is too old, but I was just considering buying a Bobbi Brown Corrector and I found the girl at the counter a bit off-putting. She tried to say I had to use to the Corrector with the Concealer over it (which only came in a powder duo) and that almost no-one can get away with only Concealer. When I said I wouldn't be using Corrector just on its own, I'd be using it under foundation, she was all incredulous :confused: that I use foundation under my eyes. :( I thought I'd done my research and I know they are designed to be worn together, but I just don't want loads of product under my eyes! I wouldn't mind, but she had kinda obvious dark circles under her eyes!

How do other people use corrector?

I would wear the corrector under my foundation. Bobbi Brown never puts foundation under the eyes, I got my make up done by them a few times. They think foundation shouldn't be worn in that area so Id say that's why she was so incredulous!

• Advertisement

I would wear the corrector under my foundation. Bobbi Brown never puts foundation under the eyes, I got my make up done by them a few times. They think foundation shouldn't be worn in that area so Id say that's why she was so incredulous!

I think it was just the way said it. I can take advice, I look for advice if I'm buying a relatively expensive product, but I don't wear Bobbi Brown foundation and I was just looking for one specific product and she put me off buying it and made me feel like I was doing something deeply wrong. Maybe I'll just go back and buy Corrector without discussion. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Chain_reaction

I swear by lemon aid from benefit! I'm very pale and it matches my completion perfectly, I've also got very dry sky and have found nearly all the other concealers I've tried make my eyes look older than my years!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Yeah Bobbi Brown don't put make up under your eyes, they are told/trained to put the corrector/concealer on under your eyes, only.

I use Bobbi's creamy concealer and find it covers my dark circles, it doesn't cake and it doesn't highlight any lines (and I do have a few lines).

I apply the concealer with my fingers and then with my fingers apply a tiny amount of foundation over the concealer and then I set it with the powder that's in the concealer compact. I use a mini blusher brush I got with some magazine for apply the powder as I prefer to use a small brush (don't know why), but sure any brush would do :)

I wouldn't let the girls in BB put you off, I've found some of them in Brown Thomas to be a little off putting, but the girls in Arnotts are lovely, although they will probably recommend ten different products so be aware of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

I think it was just the way said it. I can take advice, I look for advice if I'm buying a relatively expensive product, but I don't wear Bobbi Brown foundation and I was just looking for one specific product and she put me off buying it and made me feel like I was doing something deeply wrong. Maybe I'll just go back and buy Corrector without discussion. :D

It sucks that her attitude was so off-putting. I use foundation, corrector and the duo concealer all from Bobbi Brown and they really are fantastic, my under eye circles are awful but the corrector and concealer make such a noticable difference! I would buy it, as you say, without discussion! And play around with it; maybe using it along with your foundation could work just fine for you.

Yeah, I think I'll do that :-) Ill tell her what foundation I use and hopefully she'll know what shade would be right. Thanks for the advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

Clarins concealor Ive found the best out of everything. I dont wear a full face of make up, but this has a nice texture to it (you can get it in two shade-I wear the lighter one-about 27e and lasts ages).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Woops Ive always been putting a light sweep of foundation under my eyes! Will stop now..knowledge is power. I also recommend the Bobbi Brown corrector but having tried the concealer, I dont think the latter is worth it; I but Collection 2000 concealer instead, over the BB corrector. I find it so effective it's very noticable when I dont wear it (to the point when I didnt for a few days last month due to an eye infection, my colleagues thought I looked terribly unwell..not good)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 244 ✭✭MissElle

Woops Ive always been putting a light sweep of foundation under my eyes! Will stop now..knowledge is power. I also recommend the Bobbi Brown corrector but having tried the concealer, I dont think the latter is worth it; I but Collection 2000 concealer instead, over the BB corrector. I find it so effective it's very noticable when I dont wear it (to the point when I didnt for a few days last month due to an eye infection, my colleagues thought I looked terribly unwell..not good)

+1 for the Collection 2000 concealer! Someone else in the thread recommended it so I bought it to try out. I had been using Benefits 'Erase Paste' but actually find the Collection 2000 far better (and cheaper!) It doesn't set into the lines and isn't as heavy as the Benefit one

Graftobian's colour corrector wheel to neutralise and then Collection's concealer, they're a formidable duo!

Is the "no foundation under eyes" rule just a Bobbi Brown thing though? Would other cosmetics make-up artists advise the same (or react with horror if you admitted to using it in this fashion ;))?

For people using corrector/concealer under the eyes, do you apply using fingers, or a brush? I have a concealer brush (Sigma) but for under the eyes, it seems more harsh than using my foundation brush on that soft, thin skin. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

Is the "no foundation under eyes" rule just a Bobbi Brown thing though? Would other cosmetics make-up artists advise the same (or react with horror if you admitted to using it in this fashion ;))?

For people using corrector/concealer under the eyes, do you apply using fingers, or a brush? I have a concealer brush (Sigma) but for under the eyes, it seems more harsh than using my foundation brush on that soft, thin skin. :confused:

Not sure about that but I'm a firm believer in doing what works for you! If you don't mind foundation under the eyes go for it. Why not use your foundation brush too if you don't like the feel of the other one? Sure a lot of brushes multi task anyway. It's only makeup after all :-)

Just wondering also if anyone has tried the soap and glory concealer corrector duo?

kandr10 wrote: »
    Not sure about that but I'm a firm believer in doing what works for you! If you don't mind foundation under the eyes go for it. Why not use your foundation brush too if you don't like the feel of the other one? Sure a lot of brushes multi task anyway. It's only makeup after all :-)

I know, but I just like to see what other people are doing. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I was buying a foundation at MAC a few months ago and the guy selling to me asked me would I like a concealer also, because the foundation could not be used under the eyes. I didn't buy one because I use Lasting Perfection by Collection and it works fine for me, but I was a little surprised when he said it shouldn't be used on the eye area! I generally do apply foundation in that area and honestly, I've never had any problems but I guess it isn't just a BB thing!

As for application under the eyes, I sometimes use a MAC eye-shadow brush (I forget the number!) because I find it softer than most concealer brushes, or the blending brush by Real Techniques works for me too! I never use my fingers for make up application, personally.

Novella wrote: »
    I was buying a foundation at MAC a few months ago and the guy selling to me asked me would I like a concealer also, because the foundation could not be used under the eyes. I didn't buy one because I use Lasting Perfection by Collection and it works fine for me, but I was a little surprised when he said it shouldn't be used on the eye area! I generally do apply foundation in that area and honestly, I've never had any problems but I guess it isn't just a BB thing!

As for application under the eyes, I sometimes use a MAC eye-shadow brush (I forget the number!) because I find it softer than most concealer brushes, or the blending brush by Real Techniques works for me too! I never use my fingers for make up application, personally.

Oh yeah, eye-shadow brush, or maybe a sponge would be good. I hate using my fingers too. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭vibrantblue

I completely agree. Always do whatever you like and works for you. I use Bobbi Brown Corrector with my fingers and don't use foundation under my eyes. But I do that because that is how I get the best result, in terms of not looking like a zombie. Not because BB sales assistants told me to.

Sorry that I got a bit worked up. But it really bothers me when SAs try to mandate us. If I want to put foundation under my eyes, I'll put it there dammit!!

I completely agree. Always do whatever you like and works for you. I use Bobbi Brown Corrector with my fingers and don't use foundation under my eyes. But I do that because that is how I get the best result, in terms of not looking like a zombie. Not because BB sales assistants told me to.

Sorry that I got a bit worked up. But it really bothers me when SAs try to mandate us. If I want to put foundation under my eyes, I'll put it there dammit!!

Exactly how I felt :D She literally said you "can't" use corrector on it's own and it really annoyed me! If I want to spend money on buying the damn stuff I'll use it any way I want! :mad:

She should have used words like BB don't "advise" you to use it on it's own, or it's "used to best effect" with concealer. :rolleyes:

I put my bb cream right up under my eyes sometimes, doesn't make a difference! Use products how it suits you!

It's best not to use too many products under the eye as it will look cakey and settle into the lines. A corrector and concealer are made for the under eye area and should have the right consistency, you can check this by dabbing it on the blue veins on the wrist.Make sure the under eye area is well hydrated with a good under eye serum ten minutes before application.

When choosing the colour, go for a shade lighter then your foundation (foundation should match your skin tone) I prefer to apply using my fingers, this heats the product up and gives a better finish....but that's just my way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Alainn Beauty MUA

Just wondering also if anyone has tried the soap and glory concealer corrector duo?

i have it for a while now but dont really use it often i prefer my collection 2000 ,its very creamy and has a nice coverage on it but i find it sits in my fines and makes them more visible. defo not worth the 15 euro when collection 2000 does a better job for 10 euro less.

Thanks for that! 15 is a bit steep for a boots brand alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

I use this on days that my dark circles are bad, it was recommended by Pixiwoo, it's way cheaper buying from camerareadycosmetics than the website that they recommend. The light pinky peach colour is the one that is great for under eyes.

http://camerareadycosmetics.com/products/maqpro-concealer-lip-cheek-petite-palette-ec1003pp-ai1.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

+1 for Collection 2000 - I can't remember the exact name on it - I think illuminating concealer. Have been using it the last few years and I find it works well.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 kazoo2001

mood wrote: »
    I need a under eye concealer that has great coverage for my dark circles but doesn't highlight fine lines. Any suggestions?
    I use Estée Lauder concealer find its light to put on I usually wear it under my foundation it's 18 euros last time I bought it usually get almost 5 to 6 months out of it!! I find it the best one so far I've pretty much tried them all except for bobbi brown but that will be my nxt tester since reading below

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

I can't seem to find anything that hides my circles :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 254 ✭✭jillyb

I love rimmel 'wake me up' concealer! They have it in 3 shades. I have quite pale skin and therefore very noticeable dark circles. I have it in ivory & I find this blends in really naturally. They have it on sale on asos.com at the mo :)

http://uk.rimmellondon.com/products/face/wake-me-concealer

Advertisement