Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Waxing - beginner question

• 21-01-2013 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

I'm a guy and I want to wax down below. Not the whole back sack and crack, however I have hair growth around the base of my penis that annoys me and I want to get rid of it. I shave it regularly but I'd prefer to remove it completely. I have on occasion simply plucked some of the hairs out with a tweezers - its annoying and takes ages but i much prefer how it feels afterwards.

So my real questions is that I have no idea how this is done so I thought maybe some of the girls who are experts can help? What kind of kit do I buy? I had a look on ebay and found this and this - but not sure if they are right? I assume those wax strips are kinda rubbish?

Any advice for me?
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭shoos

Are you sure you want to do it yourself?

Those DIY paper strips are really harsh on your skin and, to be honest, I would consider getting some thing like that done professionally.

Their wax is far more advanced (i.e. They don't use paper strips at all) and wouldn't be as painful. And you shouldn't be at all embarrassed getting a wax as a man(if that even is an issue for you), my best friend works in a salon and she says there's more and more men coming in and getting waxes "down there", its becoming much more common.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

Get it done professionally. Last thing you want is bad regrowth problems from a bad wax.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 GingerFire

Professional all the way, it's hard to get a proper stretch on your skin yourself and pull the strip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

Tbh you would be better off getting it done professionally to avoid burns or not being able to pull the strip of due to the pain.

If you do decide to diy it I'd suggest having a look through you tube for the correct application,removal & temperature of wax. Take note it will be very painful if you have never done it before!!

You will need a heater
    Wax strips, spatulas, after wax lotion, talc and antiseptic alcohol based cleanser, Surgical spirit (not for skin! for the likes of tweezers equipment ect)

Save yourself the hassle and get it done professionally ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 GingerFire

Surgical spirits?.

Eah do not put surgical spirits on your skin before or after waxing!!
    Put some aloe Vera maybe or some savlon cream (not liquid) after.

Just bite the bullet and go to a professional
    We don't mind, I've done lots of male waxing and I've seen it all!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

I actually have a quick question about waxing too, so i'll throw it in here rather than starting a new thread, sorry if I'm derailing the thread.

Im getting down below waxed tomorrow, and was wondering how long i should wait before engaging in any activity? Sorry if it's a bit crude, but I've never bee fully waxed and am a bit unsure.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭shoos

I actually have a quick question about waxing too, so i'll throw it in here rather than starting a new thread, sorry if I'm derailing the thread.

Im getting down below waxed tomorrow, and was wondering how long i should wait before engaging in any activity? Sorry if it's a bit crude, but I've never bee fully waxed and am a bit unsure.

I'd say that changes from person to person, but for me it's normally about a day/a day and a half before I can "engage" haha. The same day as the wax is a definite no-no. Far too tender.

Advertisement