Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotmail & Outlook

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,683 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

I'm a long standing hotmail user.

I just checked my account. The first mail received is December 1998. So its pushing on for 15 years.

I couldnt say I'm annoyed that I opened my account today and found it to be an outlook account, and that hotmail was no more.

I dont pay for it, so what right have i to complain.

I'd be of the view that my hotmail address is the best good/service that I've gotten for free, in my life.

So I will miss the brand name for sure even if the service I'd imagine remains the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

I am also a long term hotmail user and am getting prompted to upgrade before it is auto rolled out. For those who have upgraded already, does your email address change to @outlook.com or something else? Will old contacts still be able to email me through my old hotmail.com address.

The thing that concerns about any of the changes is that something will screw up. The only important thing that I have in my hotmail is all my receipts of itunes purchases. I would like to keep all these in case there is any future itunes problems. I should have these emails backed up or sent to another address but there are quite a lot now and I guess that if I try to forward on all those emails to anther account it might think it's spam and block my address or something.

Any ideas on the first point at least? Any info on hotmail backup would be great too. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Any info on hotmail backup would be great too. Thanks.

Just use some email client, Thunderbird (portable) will do.

Tutorial: How to Backup Your Web-Based Email Account Using Thunderbird

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

Thanks Torqay. I now have my hotmail backedup up to thunderbird. I heard people mention it before but didn't feel a need for need. Feel much better having my stuff backed up in case one service dies or has problems.

Advertisement