Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Match Angling sub forum of angling.

Options
  • 21-01-2013 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭

Please support a new forum being requested in the new forums page...

I think this forum is needed as a sub forum to angling...

Only started match angling this year and need a place to discuss different tactics and stuff cause i really font got a clue...

And i am angling for about 18 years..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Hi Dan, we went down that road before. I put a proposal forward to admin for three separate sub-forums. Game, sea and coarse and leave the main forum for general discussion ie, kit, tactics and tips and so on.
    They didnt say no but it was put on the back burner for the time being.
    Ill get onto seafields about putting forward another proposal and see what happens. Dr Pepper an all that jazz:pac::D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Sea match angling Dan?
    Maybe just keep this thread up, or ask to have it stickied. Post any questions you have anyway, I do a bit of match fishing and might be able to help. The Tralee club down your way have some of the best match anglers in the country too, good way to learn is to fish alongside them and be a sponge for knowledge!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

To be honest with you Dan there isn't the traffic at the moment to justify a sub forum like that. It would be different if every couple of threads started were about match angling but this one is the first thread started about that topic that I can remember for quite a bit.

A forum split was suggested awhile back and the consensus was that there is just not enough regular posters in the different types of angling. It would just fragment an already quiet-ish forum.

As Zippy suggested you can start a thread if you have questions about anything in particular and if the thread becomes popular it will be stickied. Or perhaps open an account on the sea angling ireland forums where the topic is covered extensively.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭danbrosnan

Zzippy wrote: »
    Sea match angling Dan?
    Maybe just keep this thread up, or ask to have it stickied. Post any questions you have anyway, I do a bit of match fishing and might be able to help. The Tralee club down your way have some of the best match anglers in the country too, good way to learn is to fish alongside them and be a sponge for knowledge!

yes i am a member of the tralee club and yes there is some great anglers there, i honesty taught that a match angling forum would be an obvious progression from angling because it is so popular now...

But as someone said i should go the the sea angling irish website but i dont like the layout there but if that needs to be done thats what i will do...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

I dont see the point, as most of the match anglers in the country dont look at the boards angling forum much, if ever. As a reuslt, the advice you get will be limited to a small user base.

If you are looking for a forum for match angling, I would suggest joining http://www.fishingtalkireland.com/forum/index.php and/or http://www.irelandscoarsefishing.com/phpbb3/
    http://coarseandmatch.com/ is also a very good site for irish match anglers

Hope this helps

• Advertisement
Advertisement