Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guinea Pigs in need of a Home

Options
  • 22-01-2013 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Have also put this in the rehoming thread in Animals & Pet Issues - but will also put it here as I am based in Carlow.

I have some guinea pigs that need a home.

One of my two male guinea pigs turned out to be female after they had lived together for 18 months (Bill is now Bella).

She had 3 babies the last day of November and they were ready to be rehomed from the first week of August. I have had the daddy and the mammy & babies separated since the birth. The cage with the mammy and babies is very overcrowded now - so it is getting to be a bit of an urgency to re-home some of them.

I want to keep the mammy & one of the baby girls as company.

So I am looking to re-home the daddy and two babies. I can check the sex of the little ones tomorrow. They don't necessarily have to go to the same person (no-one should be that insane).

I have a cage for the Daddy which can go with him and all his stuff. The daddy is a long haired guinea pig (yellow & white, he is called Pikachu) - he really is lovely but he does need a certain amount of grooming. His hair can mat sometimes. The mammy hair is tuft-like brown & black - so the babies are a mixture of them.

I also have a garden enclosure that can go as I have two.

I am based in Carlow - there is no problem travelling a certain distance with them.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

The pet shop beside the bus station is going to take the guinea pig babies. I am dropping them down tomorrow.

Advertisement