Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

sms backup software

• 22-01-2013 12:36am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭

ok..

there seems to be a real lack of software..

i dont want a backup of my entire phone, otherwise i would do it iin itunnes.

i just want the messages..

is there any software around?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

I think iPhone backup extractor can do that but I've no experience with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

guil wrote: »
    I think iPhone backup extractor can do that but I've no experience with it

You can do it alright. You can also download the SQL database from the phone and read them that way, bit more complicated.

Can I ask why you want only the text messages and not the entire phone?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Package

bare in mind the iphone is not jailbroken

just want text messages from a couple of people as they hold important information, apart from that i want a completely restored mobile so i can start again with all the fiddley stuff i downloaded .

wanna see if it ups the battery life by formatting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

ironclaw wrote: »

You can do it alright. You can also download the SQL database from the phone and read them that way, bit more complicated.

Can I ask why you want only the text messages and not the entire phone?
    Yeah I know I had to use an SQL reader to get contacts out of a backup before but wasn't too bad.

Package wrote: »

Won't make a difference in the slightest unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Package

oh will it not?

even if all the stuff i have running is reset, therefore not running.. ?

ah well....

oh will it not?

even if all the stuff i have running is reset, therefore not running.. ?

ah well....

Unfortunately the way iOS is set up it doesn't work in the conventional 'Windows' sense as in it gets slower with age. I have found that long periods of not syncing to iTunes does cause a slow down and I generally restore my iPhone every six months or so. Closing Apps not in use also keeps everything running smoothly (Irregardless of what Apple say, having them in the background does slow the phone down in my opinion)

Backup and restore the phone if your having speed issues. It can solve most of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

bare in mind the iphone is not jailbroken

just want text messages from a couple of people as they hold important information, apart from that i want a completely restored mobile so i can start again with all the fiddley stuff i downloaded .

why not save the important information as a note or something similar? why leave it in your texts?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

why not save the important information as a note or something similar? why leave it in your texts?

This. Save it to email and send it to yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Bohaty

I use iphone sms backup & restore. Backup and view messages in conversations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Razor Russ

There is software,

Disk aid 6

google it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Tazium

Here ya go - http://www.iphone-sms.com/ this is free to use.

Sync with iTunes first then follow the steps, this produces a nicely formatted Excel or HTML or PDF file with the messages.

Advertisement