Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chicken fillet dinners

Options
  • 22-01-2013 12:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

I Grill it with a little olive oil. Add whatever you want as seasoning salt, pepper, garlic cajun etc etc.

I'm no expert but the key to grilling chicken I've found is constantly check it, til its cooked through if you leave it cook any longer it'll go really dry.

Steam some vegetables and get a sauce a little sauce in there.. I usually use peppered sauce or some gravy.

Sweet potatoes as well if you like.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

A quick search in the existing recipe threads for chicken brings back these results...

Here's What I Had For Dinner...
    Easy Peasy Recipes...
    Random Recipes
    There will also be recipes in The Cooking Club forum.

Pretty much any of them can be made with chicken fillets. Maybe decide yourself whether you consider them healthy.

It is probably best to use those threads as a source rather than creating an entirely new thread. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

• Registered Users Posts: 6,206 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

I posted this in another thread but what the hell....

1 lb of diced chicken fillet.

2 servings of basmati rice (boil in the bag is dead handy)

3 tablespoons each of Honey, Soy Sauce and Balsamic Vinegar.

3 chopped spring onions.

Mix the honey, soy and vinegar in a bowl. Add the chicken and leave sit for 30 mins.

Throw the chicken and its marinade into a hot non stick pan and simmer for 10 mins stirring regularly so it doesn't stick.

Put the rice on at the same time and the whole lot is done in 10 mins.

Serve with a heap of spring onion. Serves 2. Takes 10 mins to cook, 10 to prepare and 30 to let the chicken marinate. Mega simple and ****ing gorgeous!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭trackguy

Look up recipes for Ramen & Pho - Japanese/ Vietnamese bowls of aromatic broth, grilled meat, vegetables, herbs and noodles. Very tasty, healthy and filling.

Salads are a very good option too. You can take them in any direction. Add a little pasta/ noodles/ potato to bulk them out if you wish. Dressings can be garlicky, spicy, lemony, mustardy, sweet..... Keep changing the vegetables in your salad for variety and don't just use lettuce but use plenty of fresh herbs too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭labradoodlelady

I've taken to boiling chicken fillets lately and bringing them for lunch to have cold. I find they don't get as hard then like grilling or baking them.

Nice with homemade salsa, or a tomato and onion salad.

Advertisement