Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F-Class .308 (Updated in Post 5)

Options
  • 22-01-2013 12:59am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭

As per the title the time has come for me to part ways with my pride, and joy. I have suffered health issues for some years, and as a result increasing medical bills, and i am facing into a new round of treatment which means my struggle to remain in the sport has come to an end.

The rifle is a once off, and has only recently (9 months ago) been re-barreled, and fitted with a new scope, and bipod (6 months ago).

The specifications of the rifle are;

Barrel
    • Bartlein
    • 1:10 twist
    • 32 inches
    • Heavy sports taper
    • Target crown
    • Chambered in .308
    • Trued to action
    • Custom fluting done by Dolphin Gun Company

Action & Trigger
    • Original Savage FTR action
    • Dual locking lug bolt
    • Three position safety
    • Savage Accu Trigger
    • 1 - 3 lb adjustment

Stock
    • Enda Walsh bespoke stock
    • Solid American Walnut
    • Glass & Pillar bedded
    • Level forend - bag rider feature
    • Adjustable cheek riser
    • 2.75 inch firend - Vented
    • European rail
    • Adjustable Recoil pad
    • Thumbhole

Scope
    • Sightron SIII Series (only bought 6 months ago)
    • 10 - 50 power magnification
    • 60mm Objective lens
    • Fine Crosshair reticle
    • 30mm tube
    • 1/8" (0.125) click value
    • Target turrets
    • Adjustable eye relief
    • Side parallax
    • 50 MOA adjustment for both Windage & Elevation
    • 28.9 ounces weight (1.8lb)
    • 16.9 inches long (without shade)
    • Sunshade (additional extra)

Bipod
    Rings & mounts

I have a number of accessories, extras, and tools that i have accumulated over the years for use in the sport, and will be giving them to any person interested in the rifle. This means there is nothing to do but buy the rifle, and go shoot. These include;
    • Champion shooter mat
    • Wind meter
    • Homemade rifle case (as i could not find one big enough for the gun so i made one)
    • Spirit level for picatinny rail
    • Carryall bag
    • Various pliers
    • Allen keys to suit all screws on the rifle, scope, rings, etc.
    • Levels
    • Screw drivers with bits & heads.
    • Rear sand bag (Caldwell)
    • Hoppes, one piece, coated, cleaning rod (brand new)
    • Plus many other smaller accessories.

Ideally i would like to sell the entire kit to one person. It is literally a ready to shoot kit the only necessity being a license for the rifle. However i would be open to the idea of selling off the various components listed above as individual items, but only if there was interest in them. In other words if someone wanted the rifle only, then i would consider splitting the rest. If someone wanted the scope then it reduces the price of the full kit, and mean a person interested in the remainder need only buy a scope to be fully ready to go.

This rifle has shot amazing groups at 1,000 yards, and using the current 185 gr Berger Hybrids stays supersonic at 1,200 yards. It has, with witnesses, shot verticals of 0.75 inches. It has not bee involved in any competitions in it's current format, and it's for this reason i am selling. I cannot afford to cover my medical costs, and take part in the sport, and do not see myself being able to do so for the foreseeable future.

I have spent a lot on this rifle over the years, including it's current set up, but realise i will not see the costs for labour, etc. recovered. However with a Savage FTR rifle being the most cost effective method of getting into F-Class, and with the rifle, scope, rings, bipod, rail, mat, etc. setting you back a minimum of €3,800 i have priced the rifle to be competitive with this price.

I am looking for €3,295 (ono) for everything, and i mean everything. All the items listed above, and more smaller items that i did not list. That is a custom rifle, with proven ability for less than an out of the box rifle. I welcome any viewing, or testing of the rifle. This can be arranged via PM with anyone interested.

As mentioned above i will listen to interest for items separately, but will give priority to anyone interested in the entire kit over someone looking for individual items while at the same time not wasting anyone's time with delays, etc.

Thanks for taking the time to look.

picture.php?albumid=2320&pictureid=14440

picture.php?albumid=2320&pictureid=14441

picture.php?albumid=2320&pictureid=14442

Other items;
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement