Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeats in Final Year

• 22-01-2013 1:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what is the story in final year if you have to repeat a few essays and exams in August? Is it the same as the other years?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

Anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

Yup, same as other years. Can affect your graduation date though, depending on your course you might not graduate with the rest of your class, but since they moved graduations to October most will.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 letmethink2

By any chance do you still have any past exam papers? would be great for me to revise.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

Yup, same as other years. Can affect your graduation date though, depending on your course you might not graduate with the rest of your class, but since they moved graduations to October most will.

Thanks, and would you get capped at 40% as well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

By any chance do you still have any past exam papers? would be great for me to revise.:)

Past exam papers are up on the Library website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

Yeah, it follows the exact same rules as any other year afaik. Each repeat will definitely be capped at 40. I don't know if it would have an effect on your overall grade (1H, 2.1 degree etc) because I think it depends on your college/faculty - some allow pass by compensation, some don't.

Advertisement