Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working in Canada for September 2013

Options
  • 22-01-2013 1:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

So me and my friends will be graduating from college at the end of the summer (2013) and were thinking of heading to Canada for this 2 year visa they are offering. Has anyone any experience or advice on this? Our main question is when should we start applying for it. Can you apply around May or is it best to do it now? We were thinking of going to Alberta which i hear is really nice, anyone been there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

If you wait until May all the visas will be long gone. Applications are expected to open any day now. There are so many threads on here that should already answer any questions you may have, just have a look through them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,958 ✭✭✭circadian

Do it as soon as you can. Alberta is a huge province, the Rockies area us great for outdoors types both summer and winter. Around Edmonton you'll find the oil industry if you want hard work and big bucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 kev.walsh

cheers guys! the main thing we were wondering is if you get the visa, is there a certain time frame in which you must go for it to stand? as in lets say i applied and was approved but wanted to wait to leave until September so as to save up the required amount of €2,500, or is it not up to me when i decide to go?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

kev.walsh wrote: »
    cheers guys! the main thing we were wondering is if you get the visa, is there a certain time frame in which you must go for it to stand? as in lets say i applied and was approved but wanted to wait to leave until September so as to save up the required amount of €2,500, or is it not up to me when i decide to go?

You have one year from the issuance of your Letter of Introduction to enter Canada.

Advertisement