Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby with Eczema/cows milk intolerance/reflux

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 AlisonRelihan

I've bought some organic porridge oats so must try in the bath tomor.

Grrr....he was allergic to the oats.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 AlisonRelihan

Anyone notice eczema getting worse with teething?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Anyone notice eczema getting worse with teething?

Yes. I guess they wriggle about more when they are teething and it irritates the excema maybe? It goes again afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭meg3178

pwurple wrote: »
    Yes. I guess they wriggle about more when they are teething and it irritates the excema maybe? It goes again afterwards.

Its more to do with the ph balance in the body which causes it. An Indian doctor explained it when my daughter was small. Look up ayurvedic remedies in children when teething. I used to use Ashton and Parsons teething powders from Boots and they were brilliant, kept the stomach cramps, teething pains and redness in the skin calm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

meg3178 wrote: »
    Its more to do with the ph balance in the body which causes it. An Indian doctor explained it when my daughter was small. Look up ayurvedic remedies in children when teething. I used to use Ashton and Parsons teething powders from Boots and they were brilliant, kept the stomach cramps, teething pains and redness in the skin calm.

Did that guy explain pH would change when teeth are coming up?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭lounakin

Have you ever thought of seaweed baths? I saw a woman selling pure seaweed powder, a huge tube of it for 20 euro or so, it would last for a long while. Can be used on babies and as far as I know it helps a lot when other things have failed. You give them a soak in the powder twice a week and within a few weeks the outbreaks should be minimal.

http://www.econatural.ie/eczema-skin-care/196-aalgo-natural-seaweed-powder-600g.html

(this is not the brand I saw but it appears to be the same thing, 100% pure seaweed powder)

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

Just wondering if he has cows milk intollerance would this be the same with goats milk....same protein?

I'm not sure of the exact science, but I've read that goats milk is a lot lighter on the stomach and easier to digest than cows milk. I work in a creche, and we've had a number of children who are allergic to cows milk, but fine with goats milk.

We also had a baby with quite a severe case of eczema all over her body, except around the nappy area. We suggested that her mother try switching to the fairy non-bio gel wash, as one of the girls in work had said that was the only thing that she could use on her own clothes. The mother gave it a try, and after only a few days the baby's eczema had improved quite significantly so it might be worth a try if you haven't tried the gel wash already.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭aknitter

I'd also recommend avoiding any J&J products, my two year old comes out awfully from them (hairdresser advised my sister to use J&J baby shampoo to strip hair dye from her hair after a botched dye job). Instead of any oil you could try liquid parrifin - its cheaper than the rest and was the olny thing that worked for us.
    Also putting vaseline on any exposed skin before you go out will help a lot and all 100& cotton clothes.
    Sorry if this has been mentioned but if you are in the Cork area I use a dermatologist who I can recommend.
    I'd also talk to a professional before doing anything drastic with the diet of such a young one.

Advertisement