Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marley Grange House

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 dawnoshea

IrlJidel wrote: »
    Nice fireworks show just finished!

If you're still there can you please tell your hosts that twitter Facebook and boards are filled with complaints from their neighbours. A bit of consideration for the rest of us would be nice. I have a 10 year old who has been awake with a headache for 2 hours and is now throwing up in the bathroom as a result

• Registered Users Posts: 5 dawnoshea

ted1 wrote: »
    I Persume that your taking the piss👎 I grew up on dargle valley I marley and we had a bonfire there every year along with plenty of fireworks. There's was also other bonfires in the estate, for people to complain about a private party on Halloween is not only comical but un justified

No one had an issue with the fireworks. It's the 6 hours of music and some idiot mc. I take it you're not living locally tonight. None of the marley park gigs were even close to this. If these guys wanted a party house why buy a place in a residential area filled with young families and retirees.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Boden08

Totally agree... Fireworks were hours ago but Jerry Fish live after 1am is unreasonable to all the old people living around the area for years. Charity gig for Barnardos apparently but Gardaí are powerless to get them to turn it down.
    Indulgent and inconsiderate of others. I would suggest that the owners are named and shamed so those of us living a mile away can write to them...

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Lector

Slowly.....going.....insaNE....

When will it STOP!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Ismiseauds

Called the Garda earlier and they said it's expected to go on till 2am. Does anyone know what it is? Garda advised me to call council Monday to make a complaint. I'm in rathfarnham and it's ridiculous, I have a 5 month old and a 7 year old. My parents in dundrum can hear it, apparently dundrum Garda station has took a couple of hundred calls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Coyler

The planning permission up the thread states that the applicant was Robert Healy. I asked one of the guests leaving and they told me Bobby Healy is throwing the party. On top of that, one of the comments on the blog up thread is from Healy himself looking to buy the house. When I asked the security guards they told me it was a Barnardos party.

Perhaps Mr. Healy or Barnardos would be so kind as to clear up this confusion? I'd certainly love to know the truth at this stage.

Edit: Does seem to have ended. Going to follow this up, however. In the meantime, if either party would like to clarify any details in my post, I'd would be more than happy to comply.

I was also told by the security guards at the house when I went up earlier that it would continue until 2am, but sure, if they're having that much fun, whats to stop them going on all night.
    It's incredible that the Gardai have no powers to stop them, I always assumed there was a law against making noise like this after 11 or 12 o clock at night.
    I wonder have the owners not been told by security at the gate or the guards about how loud it actually is or about the hundreds of complaints that have been lodged, or have they been told and just don't care?

hold on...is that silence....my bed beckons...

Thanks I'll be shouting very loud about this later, absolute disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Angry Local Resident

I rang the guards in Rathfarnham last night and was told that their phone lines were completely tied up, they had a path beaten to the door, but that they had no powers to deal with it. At that stage they had taken over 400 calls, which doesn't even count the ones who couldn't get through. What an utter waste of resources and gardai time.

On the marley grange residents website the following advice is given: If you wish to complain next week to South Dublin County Council, County Hall Tallaght, Dublin 24, +353 1 414 9000.
    I hope as many people as possible will call. Phone numbers for individual councillors are available on the council website.
    I checked out DLR council's website for information on noise pollution but they will not deal directly with noise from a domestic premises. ( I couldn't find information on this on South Dublin's website but I presume they have a similar policy. )
    However any individual can make a complaint to the district court seeking an order to deal with noise pollution. There is no requirement to have a solicitor represent you, and there is a nominal fee of €15 to process the complaint.
    As far as I understand it, if the local authority were to pursue this matter, they would follow the same process of complaining to the district court.

In addition any person is entitled to object to the renewal of an intoxicating liquor licence at the annual licencing court. in ENFO's leaflet on noise pollution it says "With regard to the application for a special late night exemption, the Intoxicating Liquor Act 2000 provides that a court shall not grant a special exemption order in respect
    of any premises unless it is satisfied that the special occasion will be conducted in a manner which will not cause undue inconvenience to persons residing in the vicinity of those premises."
    Given that this seems to be an annual event, perhaps this is something to look into?

I can't believe all the complaints on here for one party.
    It appears to have been for charity.
    It happened once.

All the residents up around there lived with serious hassle when the concerts were on, and now they complain because one party stayed going until 2am!
    Cant believe how sensitive some of your children are, any kid I know would sleep through an earthquake.

And if you do go to the district court, noise complaints are for ongoing noise. Not one party.
    And I doubt very much they needed a licence to sell drink if it was a private party.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 HHHMMM

Hi bubbly pop, I don't think local residents are being petty here. I would be pretty sure Bobby Healy's children weren't at home last night. No parent would deliberately subject their children to the noise levels we had to put up with. The Inspector of Rathfarnham Garda Station went up personally to ask the Healy's to lower the noise but they did not comply. This does not happen because someone is being a "bit" loud. It is a disgrace that 2 Garda stations had their lines tied up all evening over one personal party on the busiest night of the week and the Inspector had to get involved only to be ignored. I think Barnardos should seriously reconsider allowing the Healys to say they subjected the local community to the most serious anti-social behaviour I've experienced living here in their charity's name. The noise levels last night were completely unacceptable, the Marlay Park concerts (which thousands attend) are no where near as loud, by a very long shot. Also this is not a one off, it's annual. Between the Gardai, Barnardos and SDCC surely someone can appeal to Bobby Healy to be a bit more civic minded next year??How about he just giving some of his cash to Barnardos quietly.....I give a monthly donation to them for many years without my whole neighbourhood knowing but maybe that's just a smokescreen for him to do whatever he wants in the name of Charity??? Barnardos should not allow this!!

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Antigone05

I'm down in ballinteer. Noise last night was a pain in the ass.

We've had numerous issue with the organisation around the marlay gigs this year so this didn't help.

I have no issue with the party happening, great for charity to get a big night like that. My issue is the lack of consideration for residents.

So if it's going to happen next year, I suggest reduce the PA system to something smaller it was louder than the marlay summer gigs.

End earlier, 2am at full blast is a bit much.

Coordinate better with residents. Maybe invite some of the boards to the event or offer tickets to associations. Also good opportunity to build better relationship with residents and garda stations.

I'll only assume that if it happens again the way it did last night, vocal complaints will be the least of their worries.

I don't think that many people would be complaining if it was just one party. This doesn't even compare to the concerts at Marlay Park, which were not anywhere near as loud and which finish at a reasonable hour. When the concerts in Marlay are on you can see officials outside measuring the noise levels, they stand up and down the grange road this last night was off the charts on comparison to any concert that has went on in MP.

Firstly the Garda in both Dundrum and Rathfarnham have had their night and their time wasted by this ignoramus and his little "charity" bash. I'm sure there were other things happening that they were trying to deal with rather than send up a car every 30 mins to ask then to keep the noise down. He should be charged with wasting police time.

Secondly, it's not a question of having sensitive children. Everyone has a right, not just children, to be able to relax in their home peacefully should they desire without being imposed upon by the noise levels that were experienced last night. I have two small children both of who were woken up. I have a baby that's up from the early hours of the morning, those couple of hours at night are the only sleep I get which I didn't get last night because someone was to ignorant to give a flying F@€& about the residents of the surrounding areas. I had to turn up the tv to nearly full volume to drown out the rubbish. The moron obviously has no respect or consideration for other people.

Thirdly, I'm sure a barnardos, an organisation who promote the welfare of children will not want to associate themselves with an event that caused so much trouble and I'm sure had lots of children and families awake till gone 2am I suguest everyone write to them to highlight the issue and let them know exactly what is being carried out in their name. I have already emailed them. I will also be making a complaint tomorrow morning to the co co as advised by rathfarnham Garda station who themselves will be lodging a complaint to the county council.

Pure disgusting the level of disrespect and disregard some people have for their fellow neighbours.

Bubblypop, you obviously don't live in the area. I don't think I would have believed myself how loud someone was allowed play at a private party that late at night. I live about 800m from the house, but with all my windows and door closed and earplugs in, I could still hear every word of a song by the Strypes (or someone playing a song by the Strypes). It was way way louder and went on until way way later than the Marley Park concerts. Would not have had any problem if they had finished at a time similar to the concerts.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 psorrento

Would appreciate if someone who makes a complaint with South Dublin County Council or courts comes back to the post on how exactly they did it and any reaction, so that others can follow suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

I'm in Ballinteer and could hear it loud and clear but I didn't mind at all.

Sometimes I think people just want something to give out about. It's over now, life goes on. Enjoy your Sunday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 MisseyB2014

I am incensed at the lack of consideration shown by the owners of Marlay Grange last night. I also think that it is completely unacceptable for their not to be a bye-law preventing individuals from playing exceptionally loud music past a certain hour.

In addition to complaining to the council, I would like to lobby them and our local councillors to introduce this bye-law. I am interested in communicating with others who feel the same way. If you do please send me a private message and we can discuss how best to move forward.

Regards

E

Ps i have some experience of lobbying the council successfully in the past and am confident that we can prevent such inconsiderate behaviour in the future.

Thats great for you chillywilly, maybe you're one of those people who can sleep through stuff like that or maybe you wanted to stay up until 2am - I can't and I didn't. Problem was, I didn't have a choice - Bobby Healy decided that for me.

I'm in Ballinteer and could hear it loud and clear but I didn't mind at all.

Sometimes I think people just want something to give out about. It's over now, life goes on. Enjoy your Sunday :)

Hi chilly willy, think you've made the point beautifully - well done!! You were in BALLINTEER and could hear it loud and clear..........does that not tell you how LOUD it was for the neighbouring estates.

Happy Sunday to you and maybe if you're real lucky Mr Healy will move his ass closer to your doorstep next year🙏

Also, think people should email Barnardos directly too as this event was in their name!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 MisseyB2014

I just emailed Barnardos to let them know how i feel and to ask them to make a public comment about the event.

E

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

HHHMMM wrote: »
    Hi chilly willy, think you've made the point beautifully - well done!! You were in BALLINTEER and could hear it loud and clear..........does that not tell you how LOUD it was for the neighbouring estates.

Happy Sunday to you and maybe if you're real lucky Mr Healy will move his ass closer to your doorstep next yearðŸ™

Also, think people should email Barnardos directly too as this event was in their name!

I'm aware what loud noises are thanks :)

My point still stands. I'm assuming the party isn't going to be held every week and it seems that you survived the night so live and let live.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭mccarrd2

Great gig. great event, great cause.

Let people have a bit of craic, the inconvenience of closing the Grange Road every night for 2 weeks during the Summer was far worse in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭IrlJidel

dawnoshea wrote: »
    If you're still there can you please tell your hosts that twitter Facebook and boards are filled with complaints from their neighbours. A bit of consideration for the rest of us would be nice. I have a 10 year old who has been awake with a headache for 2 hours and is now throwing up in the bathroom as a result

I wasn't there - I'm just a local resident who looked out the window when I heard the fireworks!

My point still stands. I'm assuming the party isn't going to be held every week and it seems that you survived the night so live and let live.

You know what happens when you assume Chilly Willy.........or do you??? Also it would be impossible to make post had I not survived......what exactly is your point anyway, unless someone died we should just put up and shut up?? Let the people have a voice I say.....live and let live!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Larry Wildman

It was a Saturday night...people should get over it...2am on a weekend night isn't outrageous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Moan moan moan.

I live nearby aswell, it's saturday night, people have parties sometimes.

Get over it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Larry Wildman

nm wrote: »
    Moan moan moan.

I live nearby aswell, it's saturday night, people have parties sometimes.

Get over it.

And it was for charity.

Weekend night, finished at 2am, for charity...some people aren't happy unless they're giving out.

Chilly Willy I think what most people are anoyed about is the lack of respect and disregard for other people shown by this idiot who hosted the concert who basically gave the two fingers to the police and the community while he had his fun.

Yes it may have been just one night, but I have a small child who is up from early morning so the few hours during the night are ALL the sleep I get, and I didn't get but an hour or two sleep and this comes ahead of me starting back work this coming week after being in maternity leave so yes it's one night but happens to be a major pain in the a$$ for me. Other than my 6 month old, no one will dictate what time I go to bed at in my own home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

dawnoshea wrote: »
    I have a 10 year old who has been awake with a headache for 2 hours and is now throwing up in the bathroom as a result

You have a 10 year throwing up from hearing some music??

You might have bigger problems than a neighbour's party.

• Advertisement

nm wrote: »
    You have a 10 year throwing up from hearing some music??

You might have bigger problems than a neighbour's party.

A bit disrespectful NM, don't you think? If you have no problem with the 2am concert, you are entitled to say so but taking cheap shots at a child is surely not what you're about?? Or is it??

Advertisement