Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marley Grange House

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Lector

What difference does it make if it's a weekend night? Some people work on Sundays too you know - all the essential services run 24 hours and we have to sleep too - try doing a 13 hour shift on 3-4 hours sleep!

I enjoy the Marley Park concerts - I love sitting out in my back garden listening to who ever is playing, and I hope they continue. But they finish at a reasonable hour, that is my point.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Ismiseauds

nm wrote: »
    You have a 10 year throwing up from hearing some music??

You might have bigger problems than a neighbour's party.

Possibly the child suffers from migraines, which are easily triggered by loud music. A common side effect from migraines is vomiting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

HHHMMM wrote: »
    A bit disrespectful NM, don't you think? If you have no problem with the 2am concert, you are entitled to say so but taking cheap shots at a child is surely not what you're about?? Or is it??
    Ismiseauds wrote: »
    Possibly the child suffers from migraines, which are easily triggered by loud music. A common side effect from migraines is vomiting.

Fair enough, i take it back.

The hysteria seems a bit OTT, that's all i was thinking.

Lector wrote: »
    What difference does it make if it's a weekend night? Some people work on Sundays too you know - all the essential services run 24 hours and we have to sleep too - try doing a 13 hour shift on 3-4 hours sleep!

I enjoy the Marley Park concerts - I love sitting out in my back garden listening to who ever is playing, and I hope they continue. But they finish at a reasonable hour, that is my point.

It makes a big difference, it means the impact if any is minimal.

It didn't go all night, it ended at 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭McCrack

It was a private party on private property in aid of a children's charity.

It so happened to be loud.

Inevitable people will give out but there you go. Life moves on.

• Advertisement

It makes a big difference, it means the impact if any is minimal.

It didn't go all night, it ended at 2.

I don't think it's minimal when the switches of two local Garda stations are tied up till the early hours of the morning with noise complaints, at 12 am Rathfarnham Garda station had 400 calls and Dundrum had approx 200 calls. Hardly minimal.

Ismiseauds wrote: »
    I don't think it's minimal when the switches of two local Garda stations are tied up till the early hours of the morning with noise complaints, at 12 am Rathfarnham Garda station had 400 calls and Dundrum had approx 200 calls. Hardly minimal.

Where did you get those stats?

Maybe you're right but it's hard but me tobelieve there were that many complainers about a party.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 HHHMMM

Fair enough, i take it back.

The hysteria seems a bit OTT, that's all i was thinking.

Don't see any hysterics on this thread! The concert finished at 2 am and in storybook land all the children promptly fell to sleep.......unfortunately this is not the case. There are no hysterical posts here but there are posts from people who were affected by Bobby Healy's actions and are quite tired today.

Can we agree that those of you who weren't affected or bothered or who had great craic at a
    great gig, go about your Sunday in blissful ignorance and allow those of us who would like to change (not stop) the event next year in order to make it less anti-family ( in line with Barnardos ethos) to go about our business in a positive manner.....

Much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Sylvius

Metallica in Marley park was loud, The Who was loud, I live across the road and this was incredible. The Garda were up there continuously and got the two fingers from Mr Healy and friends. There were over 600 complaints. NM feels that it was hysteria. What threshold do you think would make the complaints legitimate or is it just a case of 'Whatever I want to do is OK'. I suspect given the sh1tstorm they're going to get tomorrow morning that Barnardo's might turn down Mr Healys offer of support next year and he'll have to find another charity to legitimise acting like a pr1ck towards his neighbours so he can impress his pals.

Maybe you're right but it's hard but me tobelieve there were that many complainers about a party.

I got the same stats from Dundrum Garda station. Rathfarnham station's number was blocked all night with complaints so they just about maxed out. Exactly how do you define unacceptable behaviour towards your neighbours?

• Advertisement

From the Garda themselves, you couldn't even get through to the numbers for Dundrum or Rathfarnham as they were ringing busy. My partner called terenure as it was the only number he could get a hold of someone on and they said they were fielding calls too. That was at midnight, I am sure there were plenty more calls in the two hours that followed.

I don't mind a concert/party but the level of complaints should be an indication of the excessive noise and inconsideration for others shown.

Hi NM, to clarify this was not a party. It was a concert and a booming one at that until 2am. Marlay Park gigs are not on the radar in comparison!

Difference of opinion i guess..

Carry on

• Registered Users Posts: 13 psorrento

Marlay Park concerts are a managed event where dispite the levels of disruption are in a controlled environment according to the planning permission guideline given to the concert.
    As part of this control, decibel readers are placed on various estates close to the park and measured to ensure they don't exceed certain levels. The concerts also have a time limit of 11pm in line with a planning guidance.

This concert in Marlay Grange house has no law to which it abides, no planning permission to which is abide, no cooperation with any residential estates.

If Marlay Park concerts tried to have a concert to 2am with 90+ db, there is no way it ever be given permission.

There is a big difference to the Marlay Grange part to the Marlay Park concerts in the summer.

Who is comparing that house party to 25,000 capacity concerts in Marley park?

Eh we are NM....dealing with 25,000 people in Marlay Park is preferable to putting up with 1 family....there lies the rub!!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Lector

Yeah, just shows you, an unregulated house party was way more disruptive to local residents than a concert for 25,000 people (evidenced by compaints to gardai), whoda thunk?

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Coyler

@NM

It wasn't a house party but an open air concert. You are clearly operating without any facts since your rather rude entrance to this thread.

You didn't answer Sylvius question, exactly how do you define unacceptable behaviour towards your neighbours?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭McCrack

psorrento wrote: »
    Marlay Park concerts are a manainconvenienceed event where dispite the levels of disruption are in a controlled environment according to the planning permission guideline given to the concert.
    As part of this control, decibel readers are placed on various estates close to the park and measured to ensure they don't exceed certain levels. The concerts also have a time limit of 11pm in line with a planning guidance.

This concert in Marlay Grange house has no law to which it abides, no planning permission to which is abide, no cooperation with any residential estates.

If Marlay Park concerts tried to have a concert to 2am with 90+ db, there is no way it ever be given permission.

There is a big difference to the Marlay Grange part to the Marlay Park concerts in the summer.

Sorry for your trouble. From time to time life throws up inconveniences.

It was louder and more disruptive than the Marlay concerts it's also worth noting that Mr Healy's brother apparently runs his sound system business from the address, so extra help there.

• Advertisement

McCrack wrote: »
    Sorry for your trouble. From time to time life throws up inconveniences.

This wasn't an 'inconvenience' as you call it, it was a deliberate act of crass ignorance towards his neighbours. I'm pretty sure if he'd asked Barnardo's if they'd be happy for him to inconvenience an entire area and keep the phone-lines at two Garda stations tied up they'd have given him a polite but firm response. But it wasn't about helping other people, it was about Bobby Healy showing his pals what a cool guy he was. He has likely embarrassed Barnardo's by his actions.

Coyler wrote: »
    @NM
    You didn't answer Sylvius question, exactly how do you define unacceptable behaviour towards your neighbours?

I've no idea - I've no stake in this at all so that's not for me to answer.

I heard the noise, it didn't bother me and several others who've posted similar in this thread. I've as much right to an opinion as anyone else here, or is this just a thread for venting and complaining solely?

People have parties sometimes, that doesn't bother me, it's normal, it was one random Saturday night. That's my opinion and I don't think stating that is rude.

Sylvius wrote: »
    This wasn't an 'inconvenience' as you call it, it was a deliberate act of crass ignorance towards his neighbours. I'm pretty sure if he'd asked Barnardo's if they'd be happy for him to inconvenience an entire area and keep the phone-lines at two Garda stations tied up they'd have given him a polite but firm response. But it wasn't about helping other people, it was about Bobby Healy showing his pals what a cool guy he was. He has likely embarrassed Barnardo's by his actions.

How do you know any of this? Do you know your man, do you know what his intentions were? How much was raised for Barnardos?

If that post isn't utter hysteria, I don't know what is.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭WellThen?

Completely ridiculous. There was a heck of a lot of money raised for barnardos last night, It WAS about helping other people. Don't assume that the charity in question would rather a few moany residents not being bothered than raising thousands of euro to help people more unfortunate than yourself.

WellThen? wrote: »
    Completely ridiculous. There was a heck of a lot of money raised for barnardos last night, It WAS about helping other people. Don't assume that the charity in question would rather a few moany residents not being bothered than raising thousands of euro to help people more unfortunate than yourself.

600 complaints to the Garda are 'a few many residents'? What would you consider a lot of moany residents?

Jeez NM you're mad into the hysteria thing aren't you??

In answer to your questions - yes, yes and no but I have asked Barnardos that very question and if they respond to me I will be sure to let you know👌

I've no idea - I've no stake in this at all so that's not for me to answer.

I heard the noise, it didn't bother me and several others who've posted similar in this thread. I've as much right to an opinion as anyone else here, or is this just a thread for venting and complaining solely?

People have parties sometimes, that doesn't bother me, it's normal, it was one random Saturday night. That's my opinion and I don't think stating that is rude.

Nope but the comment about other peoples kids was.

As for you opinion, your entitled to it and we're entitled to ours. Better yet, we can point out the error in each.

I see Bobby Healy's guests are up. Can any of you provide confirmation that it was supported by Barnardos?

600 complaints to the Garda

I'll wait for the offical press release on that one, no doubt there'll be a primetime dedicated to it, Joe Duffy will be up in arms tomorrow too

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭WellThen?

Coyler wrote: »
    I see Bobby Healy's guests are up. Can any of you provide confirmation that it was supported by Barnardos?

No one on this thread can confirm that, only the charity. Ask them.

Advertisement