Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marley Grange House

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

McCrack wrote: »
    Few hours noise (subjective) on a sat night, once a year. .. Get over yourselves

PS It's not a garda matter and it's not a planning or licensing matter, it's an organised event which does not sell alcohol on private property

When someone's neighbour has a party which causes so much noise it is common to contact the Gardan the moment to deal with the matter. When this happens more than once it becomes an issue which has to be dealt with via other channels such as via the council.
    and raises a lot of money for charity

The "charity" the money was allegedly raised for was My Lovely Horse Rescue which was setup by Cathy Davey and Neil Hannon is not a registered charity. Hannon and Davey were headliners of this concert.

KbCpMiS.png

This was not a bona fide charity fundraising event held in good faith but a private party which set off fireworks past 11pm and continued to blast music at outdoor concert levels past 1am.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

oneilla wrote: »
    This was not a bona fide charity fundraising event held in good faith but a private party which set off fireworks past 11pm and continued to blast music at outdoor concert levels past 1am.

Thats 5 minutes past 1am right?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭nialldinho

I think most people’s problem is that it was far louder than the usual concerts in the park. And they also get plenty of notice about the park concerts so they know what to expect and for how long.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

nialldinho wrote: »
    I think most people’s problem is that it was far louder than the usual concerts in the park. And they also get plenty of notice about the park concerts so they know what to expect and for how long.

And plenty of money;
    Edit: Actually , if there's anyone on this thread that get's the benefits from the Marlay concerts, would the mind declaring that?
    I've heard all sorts, free tickets, cash to residents, paid party etc.

GreeBo wrote: »
    1am on a Saturday night is hardly hard-core?

and its only once a year!!
    same people moaning no doubt every year too.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

And plenty of money;
    Edit: Actually , if there's anyone on this thread that get's the benefits from the Marlay concerts, would the mind declaring that?
    I've heard all sorts, free tickets, cash to residents, paid party etc.

I live local and have friends in various estates nearby and haven’t heard of anyone getting anything (not to say nobody does)

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭nialldinho

salmocab wrote: »
    I live local and have friends in various estates nearby and haven’t heard of anyone getting anything (not to say nobody does)

I’ve never heard of anyone getting anything beyond our residents association getting a couple of tickets each year which they raffle off. Maybe that’s all they disclose though. I’ve never heard rumours of cash or anything like that.

The golf club benefits as its used for a couple of emergency exit routes (not to mention the inconvenience) but I've never heard of any residents getting anything other than a pain in the ass getting to your house and not being allowed in or out for 30 mins either side of the concert ending.

I know someone on the residence association there, and they definitely get more than a couple of tickets. It's a very well kept secret. I'll see if I can find more info.

Edit: Yes, party and cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

bubblypop wrote: »
    and its only once a year!!
    same people moaning no doubt every year too.....

There are 500 house in Marley Estate, are you saying that they could have a similar party each on different nights?

• Advertisement

ted1 wrote: »
    There are 500 house in Marley Estate, are you saying that they could have a similar party each on different nights?

I think OP is talking about the big house behind the wall. Not in the housing estate.

All blurred out
    https://www.google.com/maps/@53.281026,-6.2761402,3a,75y,207.71h,87.87t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sF73GKoYRFJ9IaAzZlzBVrw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

I know someone on the residence association there, and they definitely get more than a couple of tickets. It's a very well kept secret. I'll see if I can find more info.

Edit: Yes, party and cash.

I believe it’s just 20 tickets for the residents association to distribute, similar to crime park and every other venue around the world.

I believe it’s just 20 tickets for the residents association to distribute, similar to crime park and every other venue around the world.

Definitely not just that. I've a contact on the association there.

I think OP is talking about the big house behind the wall. Not in the housing estate.

All blurred out
    https://www.google.com/maps/@53.281026,-6.2761402,3a,75y,207.71h,87.87t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sF73GKoYRFJ9IaAzZlzBVrw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656
    I know the house well a classmate used to live in it.
    I appreciate that. But he seems to think it’s ok as it’s once a year. I was suggesting that it’s not because other people may think the same and you are left with a party every night b

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭srfc d16

Definitely not just that. I've a contact on the association there.
    Which association? There would be individual residents associations in each of the surrounding housing estates. I live in one and my mother lives in a different one. My estate does not receive tickets as far as I am aware whereas my mothers estate, which is slightly closer to the park, usually receives between 10-20 to be raffled off between paying members of the association.
    I know the GAA club have an agreement that if you do a shift on one of the barriers outside the estates they get a ticket too.
    Can you get any more info from your contact?

I know the house well a classmate used to live in it.
    I appreciate that. But he seems to think it’s ok as it’s once a year. I was suggesting that it’s not because other people may think the same and you are left with a party every night b

The McGranes?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

srfc d16 wrote: »
    Which association? There would be individual residents associations in each of the surrounding housing estates. I live in one and my mother lives in a different one. My estate does not receive tickets as far as I am aware whereas my mothers estate, which is slightly closer to the park, usually receives between 10-20 to be raffled off between paying members of the association.
    I know the GAA club have an agreement that if you do a shift on one of the barriers outside the estates they get a ticket too.

Sorry, you have to pay to be on your residents assoc? WTF? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 68,794 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Big Nasty wrote: »

The primary function of residents associations in private estates is raising the funding to pay for cutting the grass on greens, so they basically all have fees.

L1011 wrote: »
    The primary function of residents associations in private estates is raising the funding to pay for cutting the grass on greens, so they basically all have fees.

None of those estates are private

• Registered Users Posts: 68,794 ✭✭✭✭L1011

None of those estates are private

The person who mentioned it wasn't you so I don't know how you can be certain that his mothers estate isn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭srfc d16

It's more of a "voluntary" contribution. My estate is €10 per year. Not sure about my mothers but I think it is roughly the same. It goes towards tidy towns type activities. Planting flowers, painting walls and stuff like that. Neither are private estates so the grass is looked after by the council.

The person who mentioned it wasn't you so I don't know how you can be certain that his mothers estate isn't.

There are no private estates around here other than the far side of the park near the nursing home.

The McGranes?

Yes

srfc d16 wrote: »
    Grange wood area

Standard practice. You contribute towards the residents association who look after doing extra upkeep or street parties etc that the council don’t do, they’ll also talk to the Gardai or other stakeholders if there’s an issues around the area. The Gardai will work with them faster than with individuals

Well I know the estates around there and none along that stretch are private.

Well I know the estates around there and none along that stretch are private.

He means residents associations like this : http://marleygrange.ie/

Yes

That bloody dog/hound/death-beast!:D
    Zuki?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭Rackstar

It wasn't aa party, it was an outdoor concert.

You can belittle posters ask you want nm, but the fact remains that a private individual held an outdoor concert with excessively loud music until 2am and there was nothing anyone could do about it, police included.
    that's wrong in many people's opinions.

They could have equally played until 7am, would you think that's also no big deal?
    1am on a Saturday night is hardly hard-core?
    Thats 5 minutes past 1am right?:rolleyes:

What’s the craic with the complete 180, have you mellowed out over the years or did you get an invite this year or something?

• Advertisement

Rackstar wrote: »
    What’s the craic with the complete 180, have you mellowed out over the years or did you get an invite this year or something?

The year of my first post they made several errors around the sound setup that had a huge impact on the noise experienced by everyone else and it was much later.

Since then, not so much.

/and kathy was great this year;)

Advertisement