Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harbour Village / Harbour Side Killaloe

• 22-01-2013 3:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭

Was wondering if there was nyone familiar with these areas/apartments and if they were quite places to live?
    I am currently looking for someplace to rent in Killaloe, really need someplace quite due to shift work, nights, weekends, etc.
    If anyone knows of any place would really appreciate any info.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 toughtofind

You have also the Killaloe Lakes Retirement village, a nice and quiet place. You can have an upstairs appartment or a downstairs appartment, or a cottage. It is not only for old people , there seems to be a mix living there. It is next to the Lakeside Nursing Home. But independent for living. Worth giving them a ring to see what you need to qualify.

http://www.lakesvillage.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Neadine

You have also the Killaloe Lakes Retirement village, a nice and quiet place. You can have an upstairs appartment or a downstairs appartment, or a cottage. It is not only for old people , there seems to be a mix living there. It is next to the Lakeside Nursing Home. But independent for living. Worth giving them a ring to see what you need to qualify.

http://www.lakesvillage.ie/

Did actually view the Lakes Village a few years back, they are really nice but they don't meet my 'must have list'!
    Anyway place that I move to has to have a bath and in the Lake Village it is all wet rooms, there are things I am willing to compromise on but a bath isn't one, creature of simple needs and all that!!
    But thanks for the suggestion, it's much appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Actually The Lakes Village is for over 55's, so I imagine that rules that out ;)

Harbour Village seems nice. I've often been out there in the evenings and havent heard any noise!

The only draw back I'd find is that they have storage heating. I hate that!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

Friends live there,

Nice and quiet and many vacant buildings

Friends live there,

Nice and quiet and many vacant buildings

Went to see an apartment there and there was a lack of storage. Where I am I have lots of storage, and of course have managed to fill it all!! So, would like something very similar, or slightly bigger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

There are plenty of houses on the Ballina side to rent. What's your budget. Are you alone?

thegills wrote: »
    There are plenty of houses on the Ballina side to rent. What's your budget. Are you alone?

Yeah, there are lots of really big, beautiful houses there, and I would love to move in to any of them, but a lot of them are just way over my budget, unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

How about this beautiful property? A bargain at €5,000 a month :eek:

http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=1094175

Serious answer now: I presume you have spoken to ClareTipp Properties and Harry Brann.

MrsD007 wrote: »
    How about this beautiful property? A bargain at €5,000 a month :eek:

http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=1094175

Serious answer now: I presume you have spoken to ClareTipp Properties and Harry Brann.

Yeah, saw that place, thought it was perfect, but the garden is a little big and as a result of the recession I've had to let my Italian gardener go.....!!!!!

Yep, been on to both and have seen some places with both, but nothing that I loved, so still looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭youneverknow

hey nedine how are you? my name is rob, i am also looking for a place to move into in killaloe, i am a young professional, who also does shift work. do you know of any places that have house shares?

• Advertisement

hey nedine how are you? my name is rob, i am also looking for a place to move into in killaloe, i am a young professional, who also does shift work. do you know of any places that have house shares?

No idea about house shares, not something I've looked into because its not something I'm interested in, sorry.

Neadine wrote: »
    No idea about house shares, not something I've looked into because its not something I'm interested in, sorry.
    Surely, Derry Cottage would be big enough for the two of ye ;):D

Surely, Derry Cottage would be big enough for the two of ye ;):D

Yes, Derry Cottage was on my list of 'maybes', but my Italian Gardner recently had to return home suddenly, and under mysterious circumstances. So it went off the list, one needs someone to maintain ones lawns!!

Yes, Derry Cottage was on my list of 'maybes', but my Italian Gardner recently had to return home suddenly, and under mysterious circumstances. So it went off the list, one needs someone to maintain ones lawns!!
    You're a howl :D:D:D

Did you find accommodation in the end? I hope you did.

You're a howl :D:D:D

Did you find accommodation in the end? I hope you did.

Nope haven't moved, yet.
    Have been looking on and off, I'm kinda fussy, I love where I am, if only the neighbour wasn't there, and anywhere I've seen so far isn't as nice. Also, there is a distinct lack of storage space in a lot of places I have looked at, there is lots of storage where I am, and I have managed to fill it all!!
    I'm considering a lotto win, it would solve several problems!

Nope haven't moved, yet.
    Have been looking on and off, I'm kinda fussy, I love where I am, if only the neighbour wasn't there, and anywhere I've seen so far isn't as nice. Also, there is a distinct lack of storage space in a lot of places I have looked at, there is lots of storage where I am, and I have managed to fill it all!!
    I'm considering a lotto win, it would solve several problems!
    Such a shame about the neighbour, I'm really sorry to hear that. I hope something suitable turns up soon :)

Such a shame about the neighbour, I'm really sorry to hear that. I hope something suitable turns up soon :)

Thanks, MrsD007, I'm sure something will... Someplace... Eventually!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 278 ✭✭Gers_punto

Hi neadine,
    Sorry for resurrecting an old thread but I actually lived in harbour side up until about 6 months ago. My dad still lives there.

It's lovely and quiet , I loved it there only moved out as I bought a house.

We shared a penthouse which had 4 gigantic wardrobes and a small walk in wardrobe and a massive attic.

The rent on them Is really cheap at present starting at €500 pm in some penthouse. Only down side is in the cold weather they are freezing cold..

I also lived in harbour village for a year previous and it was terrible .. 2 burnt out cars and an attempted robbery in mine I'd avoid it

Gers_punto wrote: »
    Hi neadine,
    Sorry for resurrecting an old thread but I actually lived in harbour side up until about 6 months ago. My dad still lives there.

It's lovely and quiet , I loved it there only moved out as I bought a house.

We shared a penthouse which had 4 gigantic wardrobes and a small walk in wardrobe and a massive attic.

The rent on them Is really cheap at present starting at €500 pm in some penthouse. Only down side is in the cold weather they are freezing cold..

I also lived in harbour village for a year previous and it was terrible .. 2 burnt out cars and an attempted robbery in mine I'd avoid it

Hey, thanks for that. Kinda put looking on hold due to work circumstances, but think it's time to start looking.
    I'm beginning to think I've done my time where apartments are concerned.

Advertisement