Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Photoshop Course

• 22-01-2013 5:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭

Could anyone tell me if this is worth while? http://www.groupon.ie/deals/dublin/iact/16378105

I'm looking to get my bearings around photoshop? is a day to short to compress it all in? or would i be better off downloading a good set of training videos or spend the day at youtube? any pointers well appreciated

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Farmlife wrote: »
    Could anyone tell me if this is worth while? http://www.groupon.ie/deals/dublin/iact/16378105

I'm looking to get my bearings around photoshop? is a day to short to compress it all in? or would i be better off downloading a good set of training videos or spend the day at youtube? any pointers well appreciated

its not worth 600euro...

and not really worth 99euro...

what they are offering is something honestly a friend half competent with PS could show you in half a day. Basically once you get the jist of the tools and basic processes eveything kinda comes naturally once you have a quick read of a guide so I wouldn't be too pushed on it... the cerification... I have never heard of. The Institute of photography might be a better option, bit more but gets glowing reviews from people on here

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

try www.lynda.com - their video tutorials are brilliant and I learned way more from them than the 20 week night course I did

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

just pick up a copy of photoshop elements , the latest one, and the scott kelby book to go with it. no rubbish, simple step by step explinations on how to do pretty much all standard tasks in photoshop.

It does require the tiniest bit of familiarity with photoshop, but barely any. You will learn a lot more this way IMO, as you will be working on your own photos, not on a course with other peoples photos where its more difficult to see the reason why you are doing a particular type of processing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Zascar wrote: »
    try www.lynda.com - their video tutorials are brilliant and I learned way more from them than the 20 week night course I did

First week is free too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I got "photoshop CS5 for photographers" It covers everything from camera to raw to everything else you'd need to know about photoshop in relation to photo editing.

One thing you need to know about photoshop is that you will probably never learn everything, learning photoshop is a never ending process.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Farmlife

Thank's for all that, i'm going to take a look through a few guides and maybe pick up a book, now just to sort out which version of photoshop i'm getting :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Lynda, Lynda, Lynda = excellent value.

I've a few Deke McClelland tutorials which are good.

Advertisement