Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you have to apply as a mature student?

Options
  • 22-01-2013 8:12am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭

I somehow can't find the answer to this anywhere. I want to know if you have to apply as a mature student if you're over 23 on January 1st, or if you can apply through the CAO points system or both instead? Leaving it late I know.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭zef

You'll need to apply to the cao before the end of the month, you can do it online at cao.ie, its 40e now.
    Maynooth and maybe the other unis (not sure)- you have to apply as a mature student with them too, and if youre thinking of grants etc, also best to apply for them asap.
    Good luck, doing same myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

If you are over 23 a lot of colleges will process you through the Mature student route, however if you have the points and subject requirements they have to take those into account. If it was me I'd give a ring to the colleges you are applying to and see what they say.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

zef wrote: »
    You'll need to apply to the cao before the end of the month, you can do it online at cao.ie, its 40e now.
    Maynooth and maybe the other unis (not sure)- you have to apply as a mature student with them too, and if youre thinking of grants etc, also best to apply for them asap.
    Good luck, doing same myself.

What fun. :rolleyes: Thanks for the responses and good luck to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

What fun. :rolleyes: Thanks for the responses and good luck to all.

You cant apply for the grant until applications open. That wont be until the Summer. Last year it was mid June.

Advertisement