Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby jogger sidewalk toppled over with baby in

Options
  • 22-01-2013 9:15am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭

DS naps in his pram. The other day I heard a big thump and pram had toppled sideways with baby in it. he banged his head on the floor. I hadn't tied the straps fully tight to his body and he leaned forward. Obviously the straps are now very snug so he can't lean forward but I am still nervous of it. Anyone else had to deal with this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Yes, That damn buggy. My friend changed away from it when it did that as well. I think the wheels on the back of it are way too small and light. Hope your son is ok.

Keeping him lying down would sort the center of gravity, but I really hate using the straps when they are sleeping in case they get tangled. I'm sure on the instruction manual on mine (out and about 360) it says to not let them sleep with the straps on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭CaraMay

Yeah and I was really happy with it up to now. I would still use it for walking as obviously I can keep and eye but I don't know which pram to look at next.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,300 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

I have the same buggy and that has never happened with mine. In fairness though my daughter doesn't sleep in it very often. She does lean forward in it a lot when we are out so it's a bit worrying that it can topple over like that!

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    I have the same buggy and that has never happened with mine. In fairness though my daughter doesn't sleep in it very often. She does lean forward in it a lot when we are out so it's a bit worrying that it can topple over like that!

I got an awful fright. Thank god he wasn't hurt but it was on carpet... No harm to know it can happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭lounakin

How old is your baby? I found mine on the floor, rolled under the bed one morning, she fallen out of the crib (/she's 8 months)... she was ok but I never thought I'd get over the horror of that sight and my stupidity for not having lowered the mattress! I think we're all going to do one or two stupid things, we can't be born perfect parents! Let's rejoice in the fact nothing bad happened and we learned our lesson!

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I have the same buggy, he only naps in it when I'm actually using it. I'll keep an eye out now that I know that! :eek: Hope baby is ok.

I have to say, I do love it though.

Neyite wrote: »
    I have the same buggy, he only naps in it when I'm actually using it. I'll keep an eye out now that I know that! :eek: Hope baby is ok.

I have to say, I do love it though.

I do love it too and now tend to push it into a corner when he is napping in it but think its a lot safer now straps are tight ... Ah he is grand thanks :)

13 months lounakin and as strong as an ox

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

It can depend on the child too, some children will manage to tip nearly any buggy over others never will.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭dollybird2

I found my lo on the floor one at 5 months old. Id moved her cot across the room and must have caught something as the bottom of the cot fell out that night. Got such a fright but she had slept through it!

Advertisement