Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airtricity and Bill

Options
  • 22-01-2013 9:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

so at the moment myself and my wife are with airtricity but looking to move after they have charged us over €600 for the last 4 months. We live in a 2 bed house with a storage heater.

The heater is used only when we're there and the boost not that often, Other times when cold we use the fire.

The guy I was talking to on the phone yesterday said (we both work) That during the day we're using 5/6 units and 11 units at night a day. I'm not entirely sure what this means but I assume it's high. What kind of deal would you be able to offer us considering we are really only at home from 6pm onwards.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi allanb49,

I'm assuming that you already have a dual-tariff meter installed (you can confirm this by looking at your bill, and if there is a day/night breakdown of units, you do), in which case you can avail of our Valuesaver Nightsaver price plan. This entitles you to 10% off our standard electricity rates.

With a Nightsaver plan, units used in the hours of 11pm to 8am (or midnight to 9am in summertime) are charged at the reduced night rate (so 'after 6pm' only becomes relevant at these times). Click on 'more details' below the price plan in question (at this link) for further pricing information.

To get more control over your electricity usage, I would recommend you have a look at the following links:

What is one unit?

Electric Ireland's Appliance Calculator

If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,

David

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Hi allanb49,

With a Nightsaver plan, units used in the hours of 11pm to 8am (or midnight to 9am in summertime) are charged at the reduced night rate (so 'after 6pm' only becomes relevant at these times). Click on 'more details' below the price plan in question (at this link) for further pricing information.

To get more control over your electricity usage, I would recommend you have a look at the following links:

What is one unit?

Electric Ireland's Appliance Calculator

If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,

David
    Hi David,

Yes we have a duel tariff meter.

Just have one more question.

Night time rates don't come on till 11pm is that correct?

There is no more reduced night rate from 6pm/8pm?

It's a bit hard to follow from what you've written as I've always been told the night meter is from 8pm to 8am.

Could you clarify these points please?

Hi allanb49,

Yes, the reduced night rate is only active after 11pm (or midnight in summertime), until 8am the following morning (9am in summertime). In the 'more details' section I mentioned above, these hours are outlined as follows:

NightSaver DAY hours: 08:00am - 23:00pm (GMT)    NightSaver NIGHT hours: 23:00pm - 08:00am (wintertime);
    NightSaver DAY hours: 09:00am - midnight    NightSaver NIGHT hours: Midnight - 09:00am (summertime)

Apologies if you were informed otherwise.

Regards,

David

Been told for years that it's a cheaper rate after 8pm.

allanb49 wrote:
    Been told for years that it's a cheaper rate after 8pm.

Hi allanb49,

Our Nightrate hours have always been as advised above; they were never 8pm to 8am. If you were misinformed by one of our representatives I can investigate this for you; I would just need you to send your account details by PM.

If there's anything else we can help with please don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,

David

• Advertisement

ah no I was never with ESB, well not for about 8 years.

Advertisement