Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a recently expired domain name

Options
  • 22-01-2013 11:04am
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I found a .tv domain name that expired on Jan 15th – the landing page is GoDaddy. I don’t really Need this domain but I think it’s a great name and I’m amazed there is not a site on it already – however I’d like to buy it as I definitely could have a use for it in the future. I know there are services you can pay about $100 for that buy it for you – I’m not really that pushed but I want to be first on the list to try to buy it when it becomes available again. What’s the best way to do this? How do I find out exactly when it will be for sale again, or are there better ways to do it?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

If the landing page is GoDaddy, there's usually a link on that page to buy the domain directly from them as soon as it becomes available.

If not, go to the GoDaddy website and try to buy the domain anyway. If it's not yet available, you'll be taken through the steps to acquire the domain when it is available.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

If possible try to avoid GoDaddy, they are infuriating to deal with.

There are a number of domain backorder companies that you can use. I've had success in the past with NameJet: http://www.namejet.com/default.aspx

You can build a list of desirable unexpired domains and they will "grab" them for you if they ever become available through expiry. It works on a bid system so the lowest price will be about 60-70 dollars.

Advertisement