Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Different Dj Controllers

Options
  • 22-01-2013 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hey Guys, bit of a wannabie novice dj here. Just wondering could you guys answer me a few questions, what are the main differences in dj controllers, for example the traktor s4 seems to be around the 800 mark, while the numark mixtrack pro seems around the 200 mark.

Why is there such a big difference in price and what would ye guys recommend for beginners equipment?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

liam1993 wrote: »
    Hey Guys, bit of a wannabie novice dj here. Just wondering could you guys answer me a few questions, what are the main differences in dj controllers, for example the traktor s4 seems to be around the 800 mark, while the numark mixtrack pro seems around the 200 mark.

Why is there such a big difference in price and what would ye guys recommend for beginners equipment?

The S4 has more functionality compared to the Mixtrack Pro. In general the Mixtrack Pro feels a bit flimsy and cheap compared to the S4 but it's still a good controller. I'd recommend the Mixtrack Pro for DJ who's starting out anyway.

- Mixtrack Pro (Controller)
    - Numark I/O (Sound card)

^^ That's all you need to get started unless you want to aim for a better sound card.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭cloudydsound

liam1993 wrote: »

i've been mixing since i was 14,
    started with belt drive turntables, moved up to 1210's etc etc.
    the reason i'm telling you that is because i only mess around these days and if you're a novice, i would suggest getting a uc-33e second hand for dirt cheap, that's what i'm using atm with traktor and it works perfectly.

i find people spending mega bucks on what are basically just midi controllers made to look like fancy turntables a bit crazy !
    please don't make that error!
    the uc-33e would be perfect for a novice, the only thing is that it has no crossfader (although you can set up a channel on the uc through traktor to act as one) i know that sounds like a major issue but it's not, but that parts only a personal opinion, as i never used the crossfader on mixers since i started, just kept it in the middle and used the 2 channels.

my advice is if you're dead set on getting turntable midi replica's, get the cheapest that you can find.

Advertisement