Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Union to bank transfer time

Options
  • 22-01-2013 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭

Ressurrecting this thread... I have a query

How long in days is average for a transfer from Credit Union to bank. In my case AIB? Is 5 days too long, too short?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭APM

5 days is normally too long. I changed my DD amount in the credit union a few months ago and the AIB amount never changed.

The CU will then tell you to chase it up with your bank and that its out of their hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Trend Setter in Training

Ressurrecting this thread... I have a query

How long in days is average for a transfer from Credit Union to bank. In my case AIB? Is 5 days too long, too short?

My experience here is mixed - sometimes can be processed in usual 2-3 working days but on a few occasions i have notice my DD / SO has not hit my account and i had to follow up with the credit union for them to resolve.

My CU say they get over 500 DD's a day each with your account ref and they have to be allocated manually (i know!) so can take time their end too.

Just my experience - in a fairly sizeable CU in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Don't bump threads from years ago. I've split this off into one of it's own

Up to about 5 days seems normal for CU transfers. It can happen quicker, depending on how technologically advanced the CU is..but as pointed out, some are still quite "manual" and therefore transfers can take longer.

Advertisement