Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Porting Number Question

Options
  • 22-01-2013 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭

Briefly, a friend of mine bought a new phone pay as you go on vodafone and as such is locked to vodafone. If i get the phone unlocked and she wishes to port her number to Meteor, is there any way that Vodafone can refuse to port it as she has not spent enough credit or something like that?

Thanks in advance:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Once she's not in a contract, no.

Also, ComReg (communications regulator) have guidelines for networks regarding porting, and will get angry if not done in time or properly, but I've yet to see it enforced.

The only thing is making sure that the phone CAN be unlocked. If its not, and Vodafone have the code, you may not get it until money is paid or credit bought.

Advertisement