Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need to open phone handset

Options
  • 22-01-2013 12:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

trying to open bt diverse 4010 handset. dont see any screws or catches. is it glued? or what? would like to be able to put it together again without sellotape

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Care to tell us the problem?

I'm basing this diagnostic from the Internet manuals, as it is not a mobile phone, but rather, a house phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 captainzero

after 10 years use id like to give them a thorough clean especially around the speaker and mic, but hate to just push all the muck inside. thanks for your interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

No bother: I just hope that I can help.
    The only issue is that the phone is only shown online at the front, and I can't see more of it to give you advice.

I'd say that a simple unscrew job would work. However, take photographs of each screw and part so that the phone can be put together again. Or, head to Maplin or an electronics store and buy a can of compressed air and point it into the phone etc. This could work without needing to open it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

May not be screws, could be clips along each side. A few good pics will be a help. Their there is screws, they are often hidden under stickers

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Any luck op?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 captainzero

no took cold feet and just cleaned them on the outside. phones are too good even after ten years to risk wrecking them. anyway thanks all for the interest

Advertisement