Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ban from Rugby

Options
  • 22-01-2013 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭

I got banned from Rugby for ignoring a Mod's warning.

I saw ak's warning and acknowledged his message after I posted the comment (I posted 3 mins after the Mod warning without seeing it). I didn't know I was meant to delete the comment as I've seen mods delete posts in the past.

Seems a bit harsh to get banned for not deleting a post that I didn't know I was meant to. Its not as if the post was anyway over the top either. Just a bit off topic.

Thanks.
    ----

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Please be advised that I will review this DRP and post the results here. I already have all the PMs exchanged, and will collect additional information.

Please be patient, as we are volunteers with outside commitments.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

Thanks. No hurry.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

jm08 received this 1-week ban from Rugby for ignoring an on-thread mod warning; i.e., "Ignored Mod Instruction." The violating post by jm08 occurred 2 posts below the on-thread warning. The on-thread warning had also been acknowledged by jm08 with a thanks.

Before this ban, jm08 had received 3 prior cards in Rugby (1-red and 2-yellows) all for "Ignored Mod Instruction" on 6 September 2012, 9 September 2012, and 16 November 2012. The 1st was issued for arguing with a mod on-thread (as well as ignoring the warning), and the 2 most recent cards were for ignoring mod warnings.

There appeared to be a history of ignoring mod warnings by jm08, this ban given for the 4th incident. Consequently, it appears that the ban was justified given this history of ignoring mod warnings, and will not be reversed.

The Sports Cmod review of this DRP has been completed. Member jm08 has 2 choices: (1) He may learn from these incidents, ensuring that he complies with mod warnings in the future, and request that this DRP be closed; or (2) he may request an Admin review.

Please advise.

Black Swan wrote: »
    jm08 received this 1-week ban from Rugby for ignoring an on-thread mod warning; i.e., "Ignored Mod Instruction." The violating post by jm08 occurred 2 posts below the on-thread warning. The on-thread warning had also been acknowledged by jm08 with a thanks.

Before this ban, jm08 had received 3 prior cards in Rugby (1-red and 2-yellows) all for "Ignored Mod Instruction" on 6 September 2012, 9 September 2012, and 16 November 2012. The 1st was issued for arguing with a mod on-thread (as well as ignoring the warning), and the 2 most recent cards were for ignoring mod warnings.

There appeared to be a history of ignoring mod warnings by jm08, this ban given for the 4th incident. Consequently, it appears that the ban was justified given this history of ignoring mod warnings, and will not be reversed.

The Sports Cmod review of this DRP has been completed. Member jm08 has 2 choices: (1) He may learn from these incidents, ensuring that he complies with mod warnings in the future, and request that this DRP be closed; or (2) he may request an Admin review.

Please advise.

I actually find the Mod instructions difficult to follow. My error this time was failing to delete the post and I thought I was acknowledging the instruction.

I know some of the Mods have it in for me - on my first ban I was told that the Mods didn't like my style of posting.
    Justsomebloke: To be truthful this isn't the first time your posting style has been discussed by the mods as we feel you are trying to troll by baiting other users by walking as close to the line as possible without getting yourself carded.

2nd infraction I got a note from the Mod .ak who said he was infracting me although he knew I was trying to be lighthearted.

Whether it was one post or two posts below is only relevant if there is a lot of time between the posts. There was 3 minutes and I had not seen the warning between the posts.

I failed to delete a post, not acknowledge the warning (as I had done so). I was banned for ignoring a moderator's instructions.

Perhaps a feature could be introduced that new posts to a thread could be shown before posting (as on other forums).

Perhaps, Mod's could instruct people to delete all subsequent posts after their warning as well.

I would like an Admin review please (though I expect they have to go with what the volunteers have decided. It will be worth it though if the Mods can be a bit clearer in their instructions).

jm08 wrote: »
    I would like an Admin review please

REQUEST:

Would Admin please review this DRP per jm08's request?

• Advertisement

Black Swan wrote: »
    REQUEST:

Would Admin please review this DRP per jm08's request?

I know you are busy, but when are you going to get back to me on this?

I know my ban is over, but I still think the ban was harsh and I'd like it removed from my record (this banning seemingly was "because I had a record".

Thanks.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

A couple of Admins have stepped down recently, so please bear with us. One will be along in due course to review this decision. As you say, the ban is now over, and the important thing for you is presumably to get a considered rather than rushed view

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

To be honest, I'm happy enough to state I feel it was hardly an unmerited action. Had it been a single, isolated incident then I might take a more lenient slant. However, it's not the first incidence of this by you, and it's not like you are unfamiliar with the rules.

I'll close this off now, with the hope that perhaps you'll pay a little more care to the rules in future, and your posting access will be uninterupted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement