Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turkey UFO - most important footage ever captured?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

It says it is amazing footage, but it doesn't seem all that clear to me. It's a pity the camera was shaking so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

From a photographic stand point, it seems to be in complete darkness yet the craft is lit up almost perfectly. I'd wonder where the light source is coming from, if it's light from the craft there would be glaring, lens flares which would obscure the image. There's also very little visible noise considering the light conditions.
    I'd like to believe it's real but I can't help but be sceptical for the reasons posted above.

Also not sure why the night watchman had his handy cam with him at work.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭Elessar

CianRyan wrote: »
    From a photographic stand point, it seems to be in complete darkness yet the craft is lit up almost perfectly. I'd wonder where the light source is coming from, if it's light from the craft there would be glaring, lens flares which would obscure the image. There's also very little visible noise considering the light conditions.
    I'd like to believe it's real but I can't help but be sceptical for the reasons posted above.

Also not sure why the night watchman had his handy cam with him at work.

Apparently it is the moonlight which is illuminating the objects. They were observed several times between May and September 2008 by several different eye witnesses including Yalcin so I guess he brought his camera with him at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

That explains why he'd have the camera alright, I'd do the same but cameras, especially simple handy cams of old, would struggle get gain enough light from the moon alone.
    For clarity like that, you'd want a spot light on the thing or well, a studio.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

There are a couple of things I find dodgy about it. First, the picture quality is far beyond what I'd expect from a standard hand held video camera at night, as Cian says, you'd kind of need to have studio lights on it. Second, is that supposed to be the silhouette of a head and shoulders at 1:31? If so then the craft itself appears to be only one level deep, which I'd find illogical for a deep-space vessel.

• Advertisement

kylith wrote: »
    If so then the craft itself appears to be only one level deep, which I'd find illogical for a deep-space vessel.

Maybe its not a deep-space vessel.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Its a mystery to me that with all the improvements over the years with video recorders, there has still never been a definitive clear image of a UFO captured.:confused::confused:
    Yet some idiot on an epic fail will always be captured at a seconds notice in full HD glory.

KoolKid wrote: »
    Its a mystery to me that with all the improvements over the years with video recorders, there has still never been a definitive clear image of a UFO captured.:confused::confused:
    Yet some idiot on an epic fail will always be captured at a seconds notice in full HD glory.

The Epic fail videos are hoaxed :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

I wish people would stop all this "I recorded a UFO nonsense" it makes us who believe in intelligent life on other planets look silly. The fact of the matter is, we'll probably never ever encounter Aliens in our lifetime, and for reasons that I obviously don't need to explain. You're only feeding the cynical closed minded idiots that think we're truly the centre of this great universe. Ya know? the ones that think everything beyond us is just for show. But TBF, this kind of footage only plays into a cynics mind.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The Epic fail videos are hoaxed :P

Exactly , so wheres the difference...;):rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Maybe its not a deep-space vessel.

It would have to be. Even at light speed (which is physically improbable) the closest star to our solar system is more than 4 years away. Would you like to spend 4 years in something that appears only just big enough to stand up in? And then only in the middle, judging by the taper of the 'wings'.

Of course maybe aliens would experience time differently to us and 4 years is like the blink of an eye. In that case our lives would be ridiculously short to them, and they'd be here to study earth's trees.

It would have to be. Even at light speed (which is physically improbable) the closest star to our solar system is more than 4 years away. Would you like to spend 4 years in something that appears only just big enough to stand up in? And then only in the middle, judging by the taper of the 'wings'.

Of course maybe aliens would experience time differently to us and 4 years is like the blink of an eye. In that case our lives would be ridiculously short to them, and they'd be here to study earth's trees.

If you are thinking along those lines, would it not be practical to have a holiday inn or an Alien Ibis they can drop into during the long journey ?

If you are thinking along those lines, would it not be practical to have a holiday inn or an Alien Ibis they can drop into during the long journey ?

Lol, maybe they're just stopping off at Earth on their way to a lovely beach in the Andromeda galaxy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

A larger craft thats able to house these smaller craft for a long journey though kinds nullifies that notion

EnterNow wrote: »
    A larger craft thats able to house these smaller craft for a long journey though kinds nullifies that notion

Then where is this larger craft? Anything sufficiently large to house a number of these smaller craft, plus living areas, engines, etc, would be large enough to be picked up by the battery of telescopes and satellites surrounding Earth.

Then where is this larger craft? Anything sufficiently large to house a number of these smaller craft, plus living areas, engines, etc, would be large enough to be picked up by the battery of telescopes and satellites surrounding Earth.

Unless there was a method or place to obscure it. I'm simply saying that you can't say small craft can't be deep space craft due to their size

Unless there was a method or place to obscure it. I'm simply saying that you can't say small craft can't be deep space craft due to their size

I think it's acceptable to point out that small craft are unlikely to be suitable for long-distance space travel. To get into 'maybe they parked it on the moon, or it's cloaked, or maybe X' is clutching at straws, and ignoring the evidence in the video, which is all we have; there is no evidence, from this video or any other source, of any kind of 'mothership'. More plausible 'Maybes' are 'maybe it's a hoax. Or maybe it's not a hoax, but what it is has been grossly misrepresented'.

It is highly unlikely that any being would travel more than 4 light years in a vehicle that they can, apparently, hardly stand up in.

I think it's acceptable to point out that small craft are unlikely to be suitable for long-distance space travel.

Yes it is unlikely such craft are likely candidates for long distance travel. But then again, there are possible alternatives that would explain that they don't have to be suitable for it. You can't rule out the fact that something couldn't have come from far away just because its small.
    To get into 'maybe they parked it on the moon, or it's cloaked, or maybe X' is clutching at straws, and ignoring the evidence in the video, which is all we have; there is no evidence, from this video or any other source, of any kind of 'mothership'. More plausible 'Maybes' are 'maybe it's a hoax. Or maybe it's not a hoax, but what it is has been grossly misrepresented'.

I'm not trying to validate the video, I'm not even particularly convinced by the video at all. All I'm saying is, as I said above, is you can't deny something came from far away just because its small. Its perfectly rational to think that a larger craft can carry another.
    It is highly unlikely that any being would travel more than 4 light years in a vehicle that they can, apparently, hardly stand up in.

I agree, nevertheless, man didn't travel to the moon in the lunar lander

Kinda like Ryanair :)

Yes it is unlikely such craft are likely candidates for long distance travel. But then again, there are possible alternatives that would explain that they don't have to be suitable for it. You can't rule out the fact that something couldn't have come from far away just because its small.

I'm not trying to validate the video, I'm not even particularly convinced by the video at all. All I'm saying is, as I said above, is you can't deny something came from far away just because its small. Its perfectly rational to think that a larger craft can carry another.

I agree, nevertheless, man didn't travel to the moon in the lunar lander
    It certainly is rational, and I don't believe that I've said it was irrational or impossible, just hugely improbable.
    Kinda like Ryanair :)
    Nah, that just feels like 4 light years.

• Advertisement

It certainly is rational, and I don't believe that I've said it was irrational or impossible, just hugely improbable.

As I said, man didn't journey to the moon in the lunar lander. There's nothing improbable about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

maybe aliens are just really really big, so 4 light years is like, 6 months

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

maccored wrote: »
    maybe aliens are just really really big, so 4 light years is like, 6 months
    =
    29188957.jpg

but srsly peoples stop tryin to work out alien technology as if they got all the ideas from earth. maybe theres a "button" they press that brings em from one side of the universe to the other. maybe they are monitoring thousands of planets. MAYBE they put us here in the first place, we know absolutely nothing

Advertisement