Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Cafes - open late w internet

Options
  • 22-01-2013 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi all,

Apologies if posting this in the wrong place but need people who know their cafes in Dublin.

I work in College Green and a couple of evenings a week I go for a coffee after work to work on my blog. I generally end up in Starbucks just cos the internet there is good. The coffee isnt great and the music is worse.

Costa Coffee is beside that but internet is awful. Coffee is a bit better and I dont think there is music so can listen to my own but still not ideal.

I am looking for a cafe anywhere nearby or alternatively, on the 16 bus route back towards Rathfarnham.

Need a place that is comfortable and open until 9 or 10pm ideally.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭surball

KF2009 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Apologies if posting this in the wrong place but need people who know their cafes in Dublin.

I work in College Green and a couple of evenings a week I go for a coffee after work to work on my blog. I generally end up in Starbucks just cos the internet there is good. The coffee isnt great and the music is worse.

Costa Coffee is beside that but internet is awful. Coffee is a bit better and I dont think there is music so can listen to my own but still not ideal.

I am looking for a cafe anywhere nearby or alternatively, on the 16 bus route back towards Rathfarnham.

Need a place that is comfortable and open until 9 or 10pm ideally.

Cheers.

Accents Cafe, Stephen Street Lower (just off George's st). Open until 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 KF2009

Great - thanks for this Surball. I checked out their website and will definitely pop down to check it out. Looks great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

sometimes their wifi doesnt work and youll need to get the staff to reboot the router. :)

nice place though. friendly staff and nice coffee.

Nice one Random. I did go down and check the place out last week. Great like you said, staff friendly etc. but internet was a bit dodgy. Just went a couple of times but such a head wreck. Think Ill go back tho - hoping they get a new provider.

So, I've been down to Accents a few times at this stage. Like said above, it is a great and friendly place with nice coffee, food and atmosphere. Unfortunately, the wifi drops too often for my liking. Ended up back in poxy Starbucks earlier this week. Need to find a new place.

Any other suggestions?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I think Havana on George's Street have free wifi and decent coffee. Think you could happily sit at the counter there with a laptop and coffee and they wouldn't mind.

Advertisement