Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Superquinn Bray

Options
  • 22-01-2013 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭

Dropped into the above on sunday afternoon for a couple of items....noticed the item below as i passed.....I happened to be in Tesco the same morning and actually bought 2 packets of the same but they cost €1.50 each.....:confused:
    The tiny print on the display says the price comparison was for the 12/12/2012..........and not for stores in the area...

Surely this is wrong...:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

I don't know whether it is wrong per se as you are comparing a price comparison that is 6 weeks old (when the comparison was done).

I doubt very much that there would be any stipulation that says a price comparison can only be valid for x amount of days or that it must be done against a local store.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Tippex wrote: »
    I don't know whether it is wrong per se as you are comparing a price comparison that is 6 weeks old (when the comparison was done).

I doubt very much that there would be any stipulation that says a price comparison can only be valid for x amount of days or that it must be done against a local store.

They can also quote Tesco Kerry, if they want. Most people wouldn't notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

These price comparison things are pretty useless. As soon as the price is 'compared' the higher people change it. Also it always seems to follow the same root:

Tesco saying they are cheaper than SuperValu & Super Quinn
    Dunnes saying they are the same as Tesco
    SuperQuinn and Super Valu saying they are the same as Tesco
    Dunnes saying they are cheaper than Spar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Its completely legal and completely useless information.

I have seen this numerous times and it hoodwinks all the customers. The biggest culprit is the international phone companies.

Rates to africa 2c !
    Rates to wherever 1c !

Rates as of 1st of january.

Its completely false info today, but they are stating, that was the price, on that date they checked.

As long as they can show a receipt from the quoted shop to back up their claims, its perfectly legal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

I see your points....to me its misleading the public ..i.e it would stop a person from shopping around if they were "told" that the item was the same price everywhere else......I still saved a euro anyways..:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

I see your points....to me its misleading the public ..i.e it would stop a person from shopping around if they were "told" that the item was the same price everywhere else......I still saved a euro anyways..:)

I used to tell customers they wouldn't get a better deal else where - didn't stop them trying. That said I'm not sure I shop around for specific potato bases snacks...

Advertisement