Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Having a screen in one office replicated in another office 20 metres away

Options
  • 22-01-2013 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭

I have users in one office who update a spreadsheet

in another office they check this spreadsheet and do the work according to it.

The problem is the need to be able to see the report in real time as it changes frequently and theyre getting mixed up. So ideally we'd like to a large screen on the wall with this report which is up to date at all times.

Any suggestions welcome, I shall continue to google it for the time being :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

VNC Viewer?
    TeamViewer?
    Both of these would allow you to display the screen of another pc on the screen...and control the pc of course if needed.

Google Docs spreadsheet shared out...you see real time updates from other users.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭martomcg

You could always just enable sharing and save it before you make any changes? (I'm guessing you've thought of that)

NetSupport is another good one for sharing screens.
    Microsoft Lync has the functionality too

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Rossin

Thanks for the suggestions lads great help.

We could design a simple internal web page with the required spreadsheet/form so users can refresh and update

(they currently photocopy a book and bring it over to the other office, so when any changes are made to it they dont know till the next time someone photo copies it again! :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭coolmoose

My vote is for teamviewer too. Great software, easy to use. Skype also allows screen sharing, might be an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Ctrl Alt Del

Sorry if i'm late...

If physical layout is not a problem:

-get a dual screen output card in master PC
    -setup dual screens,keep screen in the right side (let's say) only for that Excel file
    -connect with an extender (VGA over Ethernet OR plain VGA cable) to a TV with PC input or a large screen in the wall,across the office ,for users in other office
    -ask users on Master PC to work on the Excel file as normal telling them that other users are seeing in realtime what they are doing !
    -work as on a normal desktop PC on the left side PC screen !

...or ... clone Master screen directly on to other office screen !

Sorted...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Rossin

not too late thanks for that, loads of options now. will follow up with what with decided to go for and if it worked :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Advertisement