Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow hills

Options
  • 22-01-2013 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭

As a kid the best hill for sliding down in the snow was the 13th teebox on Greystones golf course. Not having grown up on the Northside I have no idea where the best snow hills are. I'm close to the one in Saint Annes but it's not great. It's very short and nowhere near steep enough for real buttclenching snowy thrills.
    Are there any really exciting snow hills on the northside?

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

OldGoat wrote: »
    As a kid the best hill for sliding down in the snow was the 13th teebox on Greystones golf course. Not having grown up on the Northside I have no idea where the best snow hills are. I'm close to the one in Saint Annes but it's not great. It's very short and nowhere near steep enough for real buttclenching snowy thrills.
    Are there any really exciting snow hills on the northside?

Deer Park? Thats pretty steep

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 140 ✭✭murphyaii

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Is that where most people would head? Is the hotel/club there OK with a hoard of oulfellas hollering down the slopes on a sheet of lino? :)

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

OldGoat wrote: »
    Is that where most people would head? Is the hotel/club there OK with a hoard of oulfellas hollering down the slopes on a sheet of lino? :)

I dont know tbh. It was always too cold to drink cans there in the snow :p i cant think of anywhere else except St Annes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 809 ✭✭✭frankosw

Not northside but Bushey park has a very steep bank!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

MarkMc wrote: »
    Deer Park? Thats pretty steep

Nothing up there at the moment, but the big one of 2 years ago was great at the south side of the resevoir. I'll try to dig up some photos when I get home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

A sample of the best run we used with some nice bumps for the lulz

deerpark-snow-fun-2012c_zps147190fc.jpg

deerpark-snow-fun-2012a_zpsd09b2677.jpg

deerpark-snow-fun-2012b_zps85ed898f.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,322 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Some decent slopes just north of the Magazine Fort in the Phoenix Park too. Probably thronged if in condition.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭spoonface

Here's a clip from Deer Park,Howth poster sledding a few years ago...

http://vimeo.com/8778336

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Bit late, but River Valley Park in Swords has a really steep hill.

Although a word of caution using it, as one girl died after hitting a tree in the park a few years back. :(

Advertisement