Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Erasmus Study

Options
  • 22-01-2013 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭

Right so, looks like I might be off on a year of study next year. I have got a few choices, in three countries...

Sweden
    Belgium
    The Netherlands

Anyone care to give any opinions on any of the above countries in relation to cost of living, etc. Cost of living will be a big factor.

I have been to Belgium and The Netherlands before, but my memories are a bit hazy!

They are all English speaking universities!

Anyway, the decision has to be made today, so I'm probably leaving it a bit late to be asking.....

BTW, I have read through a few of the threads, I was just looking for some comparisons maybe.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭baker59

If cost of living is a big factor, count out Sweden.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Where in each country? That's paramount to the question. Also which university?
    I'd put in order of preference without knowing anything else:
    Sweden
    Netherlands
    Belgium

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Roisy7

I know someone who did his erasmus in Falun (?), Sweden, said it was very quiet and boring, plus super expensive.

From my experience a lot of Swedes can be very reserved, and not the most open of people. So that might be a factor.

I think I'd go for the Netherlands personally! Good luck and enjoy it whatever you choose, Erasmus is guaranteed to change your life, and always for the better! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Absolute Zero

Hi,

Currently on Erasmus in Netherlands. In the lovely city of Utrecht.

Its a great country to do your erasmus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

I would go to the netherlands. Most of the Dutch have perfect English plus your in the centre of europe. If you want to go to Germany or France your only a few hours on a bus.

Plus if you get a job in the Netherlands. Income tax is far lower than Sweden or Belgium. In the Netherlands you can get around only using a bike. Plus Sweden would be freezing in the winter whereas Belgium or holland would be fine

Have you spoken to others in the university which have gone to these places. Also are the universities in big city or tiny cities. Because I was going to do global business in dcu however it had two years in a tiny university in the middle of no where which I don't think I could hack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Keen2win

Cheers for the replies, helped a lot!

Took yer advice anyway and I'm off to Rotterdam. Can't wait! Two others from my course going, one a close friend, obv a big plus :)

I'm into the football, anyone know anything about attending matches over there? Is it expensive?

Rotterdam seems great, and cheap enough. Any nice things to say about the place?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lizkin

does anyone know somebody studying in saxion university holland my daughter very keen on it just wondering what its like living expenses etc:(:)

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭blackplum123

lizkin wrote: »
    does anyone know somebody studying in saxion university holland my daughter very keen on it just wondering what its like living expenses etc:(:)

Hi , did your daughter go to saxion and how did she get on . My daughter is due to go there in September and I am wondering what it is like.
    Thanks
    Glenn

Advertisement