Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

50th Episode - Here there be Spoilers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Do you remember that episode with the 9th Doctor 'The End of the World' Where the evolved tree realises The Doctor is a Time-Lord. She then says "I know where your from....its remarkable you even exist......just want to say how sorry I am"

Does that mean, gallifrey is still lost 5 billion years past 2005?

Or will we have one of these Timey-Whimey, wobbly wobbly, time can be rewritten moments?

And can we put a *Spoiler after post XXX* to save the need for spoiler tags? :)

Do you remember that episode with the 9th Doctor 'The End of the World' Where the evolved tree realises The Doctor is a Time-Lord. She then says "I know where your from....its remarkable you even exist......just want to say how sorry I am"

Does that mean, gallifrey is still lost 5 billion years past 2005?

Or will we have one of these Timey-Whimey, wobbly wobbly, time can be rewritten moments?

And can we put a *Spoiler after post XXX* to save the need for spoiler tags? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

rewatching some bits on bbc player

love the bit with tennant and smith:

"Reverse the polarity!"
    -
    -
    -
    "It's not working"
    "We're both reversing the polarity"
    "I know!"
    "I mean we both are! I'm reversing the polarity and then you are reversing it again. We are not reversing the polarity we're confusing it!"

I must admit I kind of forgotten how much I missed Tennant sometimes.

Whats with all the double posting and how do we make it stop?

You broke it!

• Advertisement

You broke it!

I blame Daleks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70 ✭✭nobodyknows

The Five(ish) Doctors Reboot

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01m3kfy

30 min long but wait till the end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

Thought it was interesting that Dalek Khan said in Journy's End "I saw the truth of us and I decreed no more".

Probably just a coincidence but knowing Moffatt it not be :)

Really enjoyed the show tonight and by the looks of it most of you did too.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Whats with all the double posting and how do we make it stop?

Clearly you've crossed your own time stream, it'll stop when you return to your correct time.

• Advertisement

Ha!!! Brilliant ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Clearly you've crossed your own time stream, it'll stop when you return to your correct time.

Though, sadly, you'll probably forget what you came for almost immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Coldzone

thats great :D

If I have crossed my own time stream, one of us better have the upcoming lotto numbers!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

Loved the return of the fez :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Sorry, but I just didn't enjoy the (The Day Of The Doctor) 50th year anniversary 'mini movie' at all :(

Too much head wrecking stuff, and with John Hurt as yet another Doctor, No, no, no.

I thought the script was all over the place, and I feel totally deflated after the build up to what was rubbish in my opinion, but then again I have travelled here from another time, when Patrick Troughton was passing the timelords batton to John Pertwee :))

The Daily Mail agrees with me > http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2512488/Doctor-Whos-50th-anniversary-episode-reminds-Matt-Smith-David-Tennant-irritating.html

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Loved the return of the fez :D

Will you ever be able to just walk past a fez?

LordSutch wrote: »
    Too much head wrecking stuff, and with John Hurt as yet another Doctor, No, no, no.

Really? I liked John Hurt as the Doctor I'd like to see more of him playing the Doctor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

ASAP. Pronto. LOL.

I love Matt Smith :D

I loved it, thought it was fantastic. was secretly hoping for an Eccleston cameo, it would have been brilliant.

although I think the zygon thing could nearly have been left out, it was like 2 separate stories in one episode!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭jasonb

Saw this in the cinema and loved it; looking forward to watching it again on TV.

Just a few questions:

If Queen Elizabeth was the Queen and not the alien commander, then why did she continue to go through with the plan to send the aliens to present day London?

Was that definitely Ecclestone that Hurt was regenerating into?

I understand that Hurt & Tennant will forget that they at least tried to save Gallifrey, so they'll still live with the guilt. But it implied that Smith now has a new goal, to find Gallifrey. Shouldn't he forget too?

Thought the three Doctors were all excellent, loved seeing Tennant back, and Hurt was brilliant. Loved Tennant and Hurt going from hating Hurt to turning up, willing to help share the burden. Clara was excellent, comfortable with all three of them. All the other nods and winks were great too, I also half expected weeping Angels under those sheets. Great to see the 13th Doctor too (we're all going to have to get used to the new numbering system!).

And when I watch it again, I look forward to spotting lots I undoubtably missed, like all those interesting props in the Black Vault...

J.

• Advertisement

LordSutch wrote: »
    Sorry, but I just didn't enjoy the (The Day Of The Doctor) 50th year anniversary 'mini movie' at all :(

I thought the script was all over the place, and I feel totally deflated after the build up to what was rubbish in my opinion, but then again I have travelled here from another time, when Patrick Troughton was passing the timelords batton to John Pertwee :))

The Daily Mail agrees with me > http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2512488/Doctor-Whos-50th-anniversary-episode-reminds-Matt-Smith-David-Tennant-irritating.html

When the Daily Mail agrees with you, you should take another look at your opinion ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,126 ✭✭✭✭Penn

jasonb wrote: »
    I understand that Hurt & Tennant will forget that they at least tried to save Gallifrey, so they'll still live with the guilt. But it implied that Smith now has a new goal, to find Gallifrey. Shouldn't he forget too?

Hurt and Tennant will forget because it's part of the Doctor's past. For Smith, it's now the Doctor's present and future, so now he knows. If for example instead of Tennant, it was an earlier version of Smith's Doctor (say, before The Impossible Astronaut), that version of him would have forgotten, while the present version of him wouldn't. It's so as his own timeline doesn't change, which would result in a paradox.

I'm gonna have to get all the Doctors tshirts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,831 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

They somehow remind me of Tom Baker's.

Was that definitely Ecclestone that Hurt was regenerating into?

I reckon it was yeah, he even appeared to be wearing a similar leather jacket (although it looked much more worn that the one Eccelstone had).

Which reminds me, U-Boat Commander LOL, thought of that when I saw Hurt in the leather jacket, figured he looked like an extra from Das Boot with the beard and all, burst out laughing at the time :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I reckon it was yeah, he even appeared to be wearing a similar leather jacket (although it looked much more worn that the one Eccelstone had).
    Plus, considering at the end we had the 12 doctors lined up, it's fair to say that pending Capaldi, that's the whole lot; Hurt regenerates into Eccleston.

pixelburp wrote: »
    Plus, considering at the end we had the 12 doctors lined up, it's fair to say that pending Capaldi, that's the whole lot; Hurt regenerates into Eccleston.

Good point :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

It was CE that Hurt was regenerating into.

____

All in all, pretty good. Some moments lagged and dragged (and "Rose" was utterly pointless) but when it was good, it was very good. Lots of little nods and they were appreciated. Also shaking the "Time War" out a little frees up a lot of story telling for the future.

The Capaldi flash was also pure brilliance.

8/10

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭mach1982

Saw this in the cinema and loved it; looking forward to watching it again on TV.

Great to see the 13th Doctor too (we're all going to have to get used to the new numbering system!).

I don't think that the Hurt Doctor ( the War Doctor ) counts as a true regeneration , as it was a forced one , cause technical there been 14 may be even 15 doctors,if you count the Meta-Crisis version of 10, and Doctor-Donna . !0 did say that Meta 10 is him . Also the War Doctor said as he regenerating that "it makes sense ", as he is no-longer needed.

PS :Just there might be 16 and there was a ganger Doctor too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

The Strax thing in the cinema was brilliant by the way, and it helped because I didn't see a single phone during the entire episode :D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01m3gnt

Advertisement