Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

50th Episode - Here there be Spoilers

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

McGann has come out and categorically denied he's in the 50th saying he's "gutted" not to be involved

So, confirmation he WILL be in it then :D

http://primetime.unrealitytv.co.uk/doctor-50th-anniversary-paul-mcgann-says-bit-gutted-involved/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Coldzone wrote: »
    Matt Smith was on Jonathan Ross tonight and he gave "Paintings" as a clue to the 50th anniversary special. He said it would make sense after you see the episode.

Just a musing on this note

Has anyone re-watched "An Unearthly Child" recently?

From the script:
    (The OLD MAN’S attention is suddenly drawn to a painting amid the junk.)

OLD MAN: (Picks the painting up.) I wonder why I've never seen that before. Now, isn’t that strange? Pretty damp and dirty...hmm...

I'd love if this was somehow integrated into the 50th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Woo! Waterford booked :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,988 ✭✭✭bren2001

Anyone know if Coolock is actually showing it on Saturday as on the website it only lets you buy tickets for the Sunday (which makes no sense?).

Nevermind: Lighthouse cinemas tickets just went on sale. Got them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,223 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Booked into the Eye.:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

flazio wrote: »
    Booked into the Eye.:D

I opened the computer to book them about a half hour ago and totally forgot why I'd opened the computer. So thanks for reminding me!

All booked now too. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭crazyderk

booked in Cineworld, its general admission so will hopefully get there early!

Coldzone wrote: »

I'll be in germany
    Trying to find out if they will be showing it in english in germany... that would be awesome
    I'll be an hour's train ride away though so we'll see if I can convince my friend to come :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,266 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Anyone know if Children count for Concession tickets in the Light House? Or are they just not welcome at all? Want to bring step-son who's 8 to this but there doesn't seem to be an option to buy kids tickets on their site...

EDIT: sod it, booked for Coolock instead. No parking fees there.

Has any cinema been definite about their time? Eye in Galway say they are printing the tickets with a 7pm start time but they won't know until mid November what time exactly, could be as late as 8:15pm, (make no odds to me either way)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,988 ✭✭✭bren2001

Has any cinema been definite about their time? Eye in Galway say they are printing the tickets with a 7pm start time but they won't know until mid November what time exactly, could be as late as 8:15pm, (make no odds to me either way)

None of the cinemas know the exact time yet. Lighthouse has a notice saying it is currently 7 pm but the BBC will clarify their schedule on November 14th and to check back then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Odeon cinema have it scheduled for 7.30, same time as the broadcast version

Edit: Scratch that, just noticed it says that time is TBC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

bluewolf wrote: »
    I'll be in germany
    Trying to find out if they will be showing it in english in germany... that would be awesome
    I'll be an hour's train ride away though so we'll see if I can convince my friend to come :D

Given how leak-wary they're being, I doubt they let it out of house to be dubbed. Might be subtitled, but the audio track should still be english.

Yeah I found a munich one is doing it in english so my guess is that the others should be. Can't find any info on the bielefeld cinema site though
    Oh now I have, original version
    awesome, time to convince friend and book tickets :D

edit: success!! I'm going to the showwww :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Just booked Vue cinema there,

Could not get any of the Odeon premier seats (really want to watch this in style)

Most seats in Odeon Blanch have already been sold!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 221 ✭✭littleblackDRS

Got my tickets!! Fantastic :P

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭SparklersJo

Das Kitty wrote: »
    I opened the computer to book them about a half hour ago and totally forgot why I'd opened the computer. So thanks for reminding me!

All booked now too. :)

Another 2 (me and my housemate) booked for the Eye! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Cineworld having a dr who party before the show

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Got my tickets for Cineworld this morning! Really excited!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

allanb49 wrote: »
    Cineworld having a dr who party before the show

What is happening at this party?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

So do you reckon it will be later than 7.30pm? My son and I are due to arrive back in Dublin Airport at 7.15 from London from the Convention thingy and he is gutted that he wont get to see it in the cinema. But if it was going to be later than 7.30 we could probably make the dash over from the airport to Blanch or somewhere to see it. Would need a bus but am sure the helpful people here could tell me what bus we would need to take.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭angelll

Sorry pure interrupting here (have my cinema tickets booked btw :)) I think there is going to be an announcement soon about watching the show at the convention centre itself so people attending won't miss it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

On the Friday though? We have tickets for the Friday but arent getting home from London til Saturday. Nearly changed flights to get him to see it in the cinema but it would have cost us about €200 which I just cant afford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,952 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Witchie wrote: »
    So do you reckon it will be later than 7.30pm? My son and I are due to arrive back in Dublin Airport at 7.15 from London from the Convention thingy and he is gutted that he wont get to see it in the cinema. But if it was going to be later than 7.30 we could probably make the dash over from the airport to Blanch or somewhere to see it. Would need a bus but am sure the helpful people here could tell me what bus we would need to take.

You would have to allow for immigration, delays etc as well.

Still in two minds whether to see it in the cinema or not. Could be too many kids there........

ebbsy wrote: »
    Still in two minds whether to see it in the cinema or not. Could be too many kids there........
    It's a once in a lifetime opportunity, it'll be repeated on TV after if you're afraid you missed something on screen because of excited kids. Go for it I say.

It's a once in a lifetime opportunity, it'll be repeated on TV after if you're afraid you missed something on screen because of excited kids. Go for it I say.

Think you are right. Is it on in Newbridge I wonder.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭bradyle

And my jealousy has now ended the gods have smiled on me and work has decided I'll only be in italy till 15th of November and there's a town in Germany not 40 minutes from my house in Lux that's showing the movie in English...could not be more excited!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Would be nice if they showed the film in screen 11

We should email them about that! :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

It's not for another couple of weeks, but Children of Need Night on the 15th will apparently screen some special Day of the Doctor related material. It's unclear if it'll be a clip, trailer, minisode/prequel or whatever, but it's going to be something related to the upcoming episode...

Advertisement