Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

50th Episode - Here there be Spoilers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

pixelburp wrote: »
    It's not for another couple of weeks, but Children of Need Night on the 15th will apparently screen some special Day of the Doctor related material. It's unclear if it'll be a clip, trailer, minisode/prequel or whatever, but it's going to be something related to the upcoming episode...

There was stripping the last time!

A prequel would be lovely.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Das Kitty wrote: »

I'm holding onto the slim hope that McGann will appear in some form of a prequel :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,223 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Das Kitty wrote: »

THAT was two - years - ago.

Last year we had a minisode and a trailer

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3KVpvEUTns

Before that, in 2010 Matt and Karen held a tea party in the TARDIS and ran a fantastic trailer for A Christmas Carol.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bEOrsJkijE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Letterkenny and the Omniplex in Derry showing it as well.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

K-9 wrote: »
    Letterkenny and the Omniplex in Derry showing it as well.
    15 Omniplexes total, it seems

http://www.omniplex.ie/cinema/movie/m4621

Edit: Interactive map has been updated, with a good few independent cinemas around the country also getting involved

Lets just hope no one is using that map to find the Eye Cinema, otherwise they'll end up here.

Daemos wrote: »

LOL At the cast list. :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

flazio wrote: »
    LOL At the cast list. :pac:

Lol, I know a few ladies who would think that about right :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Official synopsis

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/proginfo/2013/48/doctor-who-50.html
    The Doctors embark on their greatest adventure in this 50th anniversary special.

In 2013, something terrible is awakening in London’s National Gallery; in 1562, a murderous plot is afoot in Elizabethan England; and somewhere in space an ancient battle reaches its devastating conclusion. All of reality is at stake as the Doctor’s own dangerous past comes back to haunt him.

Written by Steven Moffat

Directed by Nick Hurran

Executive produced by Steven Moffat and Faith Penhale

Produced by Marcus Wilson

Stars: Matt Smith, David Tennant and Jenna Coleman with Billie Piper and John Hurt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,266 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

The Master wrote: »
    Official synopsis
    Are we going to see the end of the Time War?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

somewhere in space an ancient battle reaches its devastating conclusion

Hopefully that's what the above line means

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

Wow, never knew that cinemas are going to be showing this. €14 for this in Vue, pretty pricey but might head along to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭bradyle

Spoilers would have been appreciated for that...I'm really trying to avoid it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Edit: Interactive map has been updated, with a good few independent cinemas around the country also getting involved

Already sold out, this after they made it look as if it would not be shown anywhere in Cork :(

ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

so who's going to cineworld in Dublin? anyone up for a few pre drinks in the black sheep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Already sold out, this after they made it look as if it would not be shown anywhere in Cork :(

ffs.
    I don't think they were sold out, last I checked they weren't available because they didn't have a time confirmed

They do now, however, so get booking :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

Jelle1880 wrote: »

ffs.
    I don't think they were sold out, last I checked they weren't available because they didn't have a time confirmed

They do now, however, so get booking :)

Yep, that's right. For some reason they have the little grey SOLD OUT text on every page but it seems to mean nothing. You need to click on the 19.30 text and that will bring up the pages for booking the amount of tickets and the seating plan. A rough count of the seating plan right now shows that they have over 150 seats still available in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Yeah, I saw that later.

But nobody I knows wants to go since they all wear glasses and apparently 3D is the only option...

I guess I'll just watch it at home :)

#savetheday

http://www.doctorwhosavetheday.com/#/home

Previews and teasers to be released the more people use the hash tag

NOTE:
    Some images have been accidentally released from the site
    and are appearing and disappearing from the web right now.
    Have seen them and they're interesting but not too spoilery

• Advertisement

oooeeeeeeooooo
    OOOOOeeeeeeooooo

spoilers
    spoilers
    spoilers
    spoilers

DO NOT CLICK ON THE ATTACHMENTS IF YOU DON'T WANT SPOILERS

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Jenda

Really looking forward to this!

We got tickets for a Cineworld in the West End in London since we're going to the fan convention thing the next day - I don't think I'll be dressing up beyond a Dr Who themed t-shirt but my smaller sisters want to wear full Doctor outfits and more power to them :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

I just got an email from The Gate in Cork to say they are showing it too.

http://www.corkcinemas.com/ComingSoon.php?_mc=11228

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

More shots can be found here too:
    http://blogtorwho.blogspot.ie/2013/11/the-day-of-doctor-promo-pics.html
    Spoiler warning, one of them contains some gratuitous pointing.

I hope the BBC don't go overboard with marketing pics; they're not always the most subtle and have in the past dropped soft spoilers from adventures, I'd hate to have some surprises ruined by overzealous promos

Oh by the way (sorry for the double-post) there's another trailer on the way tomorrow (Saturday) evening - just before 8pm apparently. I guess it'll be a 'proper' trailer this time around...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

The Master wrote: »
    #savetheday

http://www.doctorwhosavetheday.com/#/home

Previews and teasers to be released the more people use the hash tag

NOTE:
    Some images have been accidentally released from the site
    and are appearing and disappearing from the web right now.
    Have seen them and they're interesting but not too spoilery
    I know I've mentioned it before, but now closer to the event it seems even more obvious. IE No sign of Rose/Billie Piper in any of the promo stuff. No BBC interviews or any of that. Blink and you'll miss it cameo perhaps?

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

First clip? Watch at your own peril. :) To be fair no spoilers I can see. Well maybe one. Or an item of interest anyway... ;) The save the day website as linked by the Master* is pretty cool IMH.

*WTF??? That's a spoiler right there. What's the velveted fecker up to? :eek:

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭sassa

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭8mv

This is just speculation but I'll stick a spoiler tag on it anyway.
    I'm a fan but no expert - Am I detecting the Masters' 4-beat rhythm prominently in that trailer?

Advertisement