Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Niche markets in farming sustainability

Options
  • 22-01-2013 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

I am a masters student in resource sustainability and consumption. 2 months ago I had to do a small project for college, I posted a thread here to get some feedback and general opinions on the issue. The link is below for anyone interested in reading it.

I now move towards formulating a research topic to study for my thesis. The point of the thesis is to develop and explore an idea that, if successful, could be used to formulate a new business venture in an area of our choosing. With the previous assignment in mind and the interest/debate it created, I have decided to base my research thesis on sustainable farming and/or resource consumption in Irish agriculture.

I want to gauge opinions on resource sustainability and consumption issues in relation to Irish farming to find information such as; what are the most pressing issues relating to Irish agricultural viability, resource management and whether or not there is scope for a new type of business in this field in order to help Irish farmers? I know these questions are vague but with outside opinions, I hope to hone and develop a realistic, practicable idea to develop further.

Keep in mind that I have only mentioned the previous post as a point of reference, and feedback does not have to relate to that post or the points it brings up - unless you wish to incorporate them into your opinions on this post. And as always, no opinion will be ignored and and opinion or advice given is hugely beneficial and appreciated.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056818826

Advertisement