Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Old Is Your CZ?

Options
  • 22-01-2013 4:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭

When I was cleaning my CZ the other day I noticed it was stamped in 06. It took 6-7 years before it was bought.
    I doubt it was stuck in RFD's for 6-7 years though. Do CZ store them before sending them out?

How old is your CZ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

Mine is a 07 and i bought it in 09:) I bought it new.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭fathersymes

1976 have it about 12 years

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

We have two kept for noobs in our club that are well north of thirty years old, and still shoot like mad things.

tac

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭ormondprop

Mine is 97 i think, long time since i looked, just out of curiousity when did they change from brno to CZ

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭fathersymes

tac foley wrote: »
    We have two kept for noobs in our club that are well north of thirty years old, and still shoot like mad things.

tac

I concur! Mine is very very accurate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭deeksofdoom

Is the year of manufacture part of the serial number?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭dev110

There is a stamp on the left side of the action.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭German pointer

Mine is 09 bought it new 2012

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭yog1

my own is 08 bought late of 2010, and my grandfathers is 81

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

My two Brno's are dated 1972 and 1977.
    The CZ can be called the child of the Brno.
    Now I'm waiting for some one to throw the 'Big Brake' and give us the date of production of thier Mauser .22 the Father and Granadaddy of the above two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Kells1

mine is 09 bought in 2012

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭franknrol

mine is 12 purchased in 12

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭fish slapped

Dev,

Think your CZ fetish is coming along nicely ... ;-D

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Croppy Boy

I had a Brno that I traded about ten years ago. The dealer told me it was made in 1942. It seemed a bit strange that a factory in Czechoslovakia at the height of the Second World War was turning out rimfire sporting rifles.

Croppy Boy wrote: »
    I had a Brno that I traded about ten years ago. The dealer told me it was made in 1942. It seemed a bit strange that a factory in Czechoslovakia at the height of the Second World War was turning out rimfire sporting rifles.

Of course open to correction here, I was always led to belive that the drawings, tools and machines for the manufacture of the Mauser .22 where relocated to Czechoslovakia after WWII as part of war reprocessions from the original German factories. They where rebranded as Brno.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Croppy Boy

Took a quick look at Wikipedia, the British light machine gun, the Bren gun was developed in the 1930s by BRno in Czechoslovakia and ENfield in Britain, so it would appear they were in Cz prior to WW2.

Croppy boy, that's interesting...... went on line just after your post, Brno produced rifles based on the Mauser action etc for the German Government, its perhaps here where the myth started. Some American collectors refer to them as 'little Mausers'.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Croppy Boy wrote: »
    Took a quick look at Wikipedia, the British light machine gun, the Bren gun was developed in the 1930s by BRno in Czechoslovakia and ENfield in Britain, so it would appear they were in Cz prior to WW2.

Yup, very similar story to Skoda cars by the way, existed well before WWII to sort of struggle on behind the iron curtain during the cold war to later burst back onto the world market with a very good product.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭bazza888

are you sure it wasnt a "new" gun dev as in nearly new but being sold as new? its not beyond possibility it was in the shop 6years either if he bought in a good few new rifles at once i suppose

Yup I'm sure it was a new gun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭German pointer

dev110 wrote: »
    Yup I'm sure it was a new gun

What shop did you buy it in? I got mine in Galway 2009 gun bought new in 2012.

Got it in Dave Mulvihill's in Ballymahon.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭cushcam

WMR is 1994 and the 22hornet is 1987

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭323

Used to own a '98 action 8mm Mauser built by Brno stamped 1912, so were licensed by Mauser before WW1

Have a .22 bought in the US about 1996, was the first I seen the CZ name on their rifles. Were just starting to be exported to the US around then, as Eastern Block country they had not been available there before that.

Open to correction, but seem to remember from magazines at the time, the Brno name (town where the rifle factory's were) was dropped in favor of the CZ parent company name when the huge US market was opened up to them.
    Purely a marketing thing as the CZ name, that their pistols and military stuff was sold under was better recognized in the US.

“Follow the trend lines, not the headlines,”

Advertisement