Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overdue UPC roll-out in Blackrock

• 22-01-2013 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Does anyone know what the go-live ETA for UPC in Blackrock is? New lines were installed in Sept with the aim to be active beginning in Nov. Now in January, there is still no activity. UPC customer support says that the roll-out is overdue but they can't give any definite dates (except for saying - worse-case - it can be another 12 weeks).

Friends of mine in Foxrock says that they went live fairly quick after the lines were installed - not fair! :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Talk to: UPC forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 MidnightHawk

Thanks - I've been on to them via phone since Nov. Always the same answer. Kinda hoping for some "inside" info

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,480 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Are you referring to basic digital TV or the extra services like phone/On-Demand/HD/BB? Does UPC offer any service currently?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 MidnightHawk

coylemj wrote: »
    Are you referring to basic digital TV or the extra services like phone/On-Demand/HD/BB? Does UPC offer any service currently?

Sorry, extra services - high-speed internet, digital TV.

Currently, only basic TV

• Registered Users Posts: 28 desb

Same story here. First it was promised for my area in Blackrock 1 Jan 2013 and then 28 March but they keep breaking promised deadlines despite evidence of UPC line laying activity on my street several weeks back.

Beginning to think better to select another provider even if it isn't Fibre power.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 KillerOS

I got hold of a helpful UPC tecchie and he indicated that they still had some final cable laying to do around Stradbrook Rd. He could not say how soon it would be completed but it was weeks rather than days,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

KillerOS wrote: »
    I got hold of a helpful UPC tecchie and he indicated that they still had some final cable laying to do around Stradbrook Rd. He could not say how soon it would be completed but it was weeks rather than days,

I'm at Stradbrook Road, I'm told its a planning permission issue with the county council. I was told roughly 2-4 weeks but there's no certainty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 KillerOS

I was also told that they needed planning to go around a house but that was months ago and I believe is still the case. It was also mentioned that they needed to dig up a trench on Stradbrook to lay a cable across but not sure how accurate that bit is.

Advertisement