Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mains plug for Celestron Nexstar

Options
  • 22-01-2013 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭

Hello

I got the AC adaptor below in maplins to power my Celestron 127 SLT goto scope. I'm just wondering does anyone know if its the right one and will it work?

The official celestron adaptor is the last picture.

Please help!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Tzetze

It's not the right one, don't use it!
    You want a Mains AC to 12V DC 2.5 amp adapter with a 5.5mm center positive female plug.

Here's one on ebay. I use this one on my CG5 mount.

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭ZeRoY

Actually rare to see AC to AC adaptor, nasty if used on DC device!

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

Tzetze wrote: »
    It's not the right one, don't use it!
    You want a Mains AC to 12V DC 2.5 amp adapter with a 5.5mm center positive female plug.

Here's one on ebay. I use this one on my CG5 mount.

I will try to get a refund in Maplin tomorrow. Is it true that once If for example I get anything equal to or over 2.5amp and once it's DC, has the connection and is 12v then it will work?

I think maplin have a DC adaptor 12v but 3 amp. Will this work just the same as the 2.5amp celestron adaptor?

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭ZeRoY

Is it true that once If for example I get anything equal to or over 2.5amp and once it's DC, has the connection and is 12v then it will work?

I think maplin have a DC adaptor 12v but 3 amp. Will this work just the same as the 2.5amp celestron adaptor?

It would yes. Even if Amp is a little higher, that doesnt matter. of course the connector must suit also!

Iv ordered the one from the link to ebay. One thing that confused me with that one was that it says max input is 0.7amp but it says 2.5amp DC 12v? Should I not worry about that? I hope it's the right one finally :) they don't make it easy to get hold of one in Ireland!

I also ordered the Powertank from Stephen at Ktech

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Tzetze

Don't worry, it's the right one. :)

Thanks alot guys!

Clear skies

Advertisement