Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Name that liquid!

Options
  • 22-01-2013 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭

Due to austerity measures, I'm having to cut the cost of my liquids.

While it doesn't have nearly the taste and punch of el toro, I found a bottle of RY-4 in my box of tricks that I can stand. Planning on using it as my go to juice until I get some work/emigrate.

The problem: I have no idea where I got it from.

I probably have it little over a year, and I'm hoping it's Hansen or another cheap make so I can buy it in bulk, but it's origin escapes me.

Can anyone recognise the bottle?

http://i.imgur.com/aX4Klvz.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/VLNJknW.jpg

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

I Reckon its Dekang Although Bogetech used to use the same bottles/label a few years ago.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

yeah that's dekang

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

I didn't want to say this in case I pointed everyone in the Dekang direction, but it has a lightish flavour with a hint of caramel, and according to the reviews on here, that's what the dekang RY-4 tastes like.

EDIT: Where's the cheapest place to pick up Dekang liquids? I notice bargin vapour doesn't sell them and it's there €15 for 100mls that I was interested in.

Thanks!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

At that price I might as well go with the El Toro.

Do any of the dekang tobaccos have a decent flavour and hit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Re:Austerity Measures.
    I've yet to make a batch, but I've received a large wad of tobacco leaves that I'm gonna be making DIY juice from. If all turns out well I can make you a ton of it for super-cheap?
    I've reused other tobacco leaves four times now and the flavour hasn't stopped yet, so the leaves you get in the batch would be good for Rod knows how many runs, all you'd have to do is buy some nic base and VG and leave (HO!) to steep for a few days to a week (or longer for stronger).
    I'll get back to you and tell you if it's a success. I'm gonna do it the American way tonight and heat it up to extract the flavour, see if this tobacco is suitable or not.

grindle wrote: »
    Re:Austerity Measures.
    I've yet to make a batch, but I've received a large wad of tobacco leaves that I'm gonna be making DIY juice from. If all turns out well I can make you a ton of it for super-cheap?
    I've reused other tobacco leaves four times now and the flavour hasn't stopped yet, so the leaves you get in the batch would be good for Rod knows how many runs, all you'd have to do is buy some nic base and VG and leave (HO!) to steep for a few days to a week (or longer for stronger).
    I'll get back to you and tell you if it's a success. I'm gonna do it the American way tonight and heat it up to extract the flavour, see if this tobacco is suitable or not.

Sounds awesome. How does it compare with the el toro?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Haven't got a clue yet, gotta leave it steep in hot water for a while. Might have a dab of it tonight to see if it's like the first day of a Virginia Prime steep or what. Smells the same so far, but these leaves are lighter, makes me think their burley leaves. May need a longer steep or might not be suited for steeping at all. We'll see.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Nonamigo

20ml bottle? Have you ordered anything from thevapourstore.ie? Their ry4 20ml bottles looks exactly like that.

That's where it's from!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

I love dekang usa mix, been using for over a year now, tried tons of different flavors and found usa mix works for me, also its cheap if you are not a mixer(i'm too lazy) tbh I could not afford the fancy stuff as i go trough 40-50ml a week! Got 50ml of dk4(dekangs version of ry4) the other day for the crack but it tasted nasty to me, think i will have to leave it seep for a month!!

Advertisement