Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlocking Second Hand iPhone 4

Options
  • 22-01-2013 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭

Hi.

So I switched from Vodafone Ready To Go to Three a little over two years ago, taking advantage of a Three deal to get a cheaper iPhone.
    Basically, the original iPhone I got from Three when I switched broke so I bought a second hand iPhone from another phone shop. This phone is also locked to the Three network.

I will be travelling abroad a couple of times over the next few months, so I want to get the phone unlocked (can buy local SIM etc and avoid roaming charges which have cost me a fortune over the last two years)!

What are my options for getting the phone unlocked?
    Can I go through Three or does the fact that I bought the handset from a 3rd party mean that i cannot go this route?
    And even if I do - will they unlock it free of charge?

If it makes any difference - I signed up for an initial 18 month contract and then extended it when the 18 months was up (not sure if I took out a further 12 months or 18 months at the time).

Any advise would be much appreciated.
    Thanks

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement