Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a Late Night / 24-hour café in Dublin.

Options
  • 22-01-2013 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭

Hi.

Is there anywhere in Dublin were you can sit down and be served some decent coffee at night time?

U.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Depends on what you call decent coffee and what time you want it.

I think McDonald's on Grafton St. is 24 hr isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

Depends on what you call decent coffee and what time you want it.

I think McDonald's on Grafton St. is 24 hr isn't it?

Somewhere with a nice coffee-drinking atmosphere. A coffee shop where you can sit on a couch and drink coffee surrounded by other people who are drinking coffee. Uninterrupted by drunkards scrounging for leftover pizza.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭SebBerkovich

I've been wondering the same thing for a long time, haven't been able to locate one.
    Years ago Cafe Mocha on South William Street was open till 4 or 5 am but that closed down and since then i haven't heard of a decent late night coffee place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Strawberry Fields

oscar vernes is the latest opening I think http://theferociousminglemarcade.com/pages/oscarverne.htm
    Nowhere is 24 hours.

oscar vernes is the latest opening I think http://theferociousminglemarcade.com/pages/oscarverne.htm
    Nowhere is 24 hours.

What time is that?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Accents Tea & Coffee Lounge on Lower Stephen's Street opens til 11pm most nights I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭SebBerkovich

miamee wrote: »
    Accents Tea & Coffee Lounge on Lower Stephen's Street opens til 11pm most nights I think.

Thats a really nice place for a coffee, didn't know it opened so late.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Accents is nice alright.

Unfortunately though if you're looking for a late (post midnight) cup of coffee your choices are very limited.

When I was young I used to live near a coffee shop in Galway that opened until 4 in the morning. I used to love leaving my flat at 2 or 3 and heading down for a cup of coffee and a game of chess with the oddballs that would populate the place at that hour.

Shame there's nowhere in Dublin catering for the oddball, nightowl crowd.

I'm surprised. 11 is not late night IMO. A lot of people only head in to town at 11 when going to a club. I want to be able to chill out in town on a night when I don't feel like drinking and don't feel like staying in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Strawberry Fields

What time is that?

11 on Friday and Saturday, 8 on Thursday.

• Advertisement
Advertisement