Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung Galaxy S2 In the car

• 22-01-2013 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭

Hi

I have been browsing the forum just looking to see what people do regarding listening to their music while driving. I just want to know if there are better ways than buying some of the universal FM transmitters which cost around 40 euro. Any suggestions welcome :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

Depends on your radio tbh

I use the official Samsung dock for my Galaxy Nexus, it charges my phone and also has an audio out, i use this to connect into my Aux port on my radio. So when i get in my car i just pop my phone in the cradle and boom its charging and ready to play music. The dock puts my phone in car mode too so everything is landscape, makes google play music app very nice and easy to use while driving :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Can you use Bluetooth ? That's how I connect mine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭numorouno

Only my phonecalls work through Bluetooth.how do you get it to work?

I have a Parrott Bluetooth kit

If you're using a kit independent of your head unit it's probably not worth streaming through it, if it's even possible at all.

With some stereos once the phone is connected via bluetooth for calls etc you can select bluetooth as the audio source, pretty much the same as how you'd do it with bluetooth headphone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

numorouno wrote: »
    Only my phonecalls work through Bluetooth.how do you get it to work?

I have a Parrott Bluetooth kit

I've a Parrott kit also and as soon as I start up a song on my phone it plays through the bluetooth. All controls are done through the phone so you don't touch the parrot controls at all.

• Advertisement

How's the sound quality via the parrot ?

If you're phone connects via the bluetooth A2DP profile you can control the music on the phone via the headunit or steering wheel controls.

ThisRegard wrote: »

If you're phone connects via the bluetooth A2DP profile you can control the music on the phone via the headunit or steering wheel controls.

Sound quality is great. I've the ipod hooked up too so mainly use that for music. Use the Bluetooth through the phone for playing downloaded podcasts as its so much handier downloading them directly to the phone than putting them on the ipod.

ThisRegard wrote: »

How is this done??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,488 ✭✭✭Macy0161

battser wrote: »
    I have been browsing the forum just looking to see what people do regarding listening to their music while driving.
    3.5mm to 3.5mm lead. One into the line in on the car/ radio, one into the headphone jack.

s_carnage wrote: »
    How is this done??

It'll be done automatically if your equipment supports it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭numorouno

s_carnage wrote: »

I've a Parrott kit also and as soon as I start up a song on my phone it plays through the bluetooth. All controls are done through the phone so you don't touch the parrot controls at all.

That used to be the way when I had the Nokia e52 but with the galaxy it doesn't seem to work

I tried the option of the audio stream etc but it doesn't work.I tried a custom ROM and still didn't work

Its no biggy but handy if I could get it to work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

you can't play music through the bluetooth on a Parrot CK3200, only on the MKI9200 which is much more expensive... i've had both in the car and the sound quality through the MKi9200 is very good. some apps like DoubleTwist on the S3 allow you to use the joystick to pause, move through songs, etc.
    the mki9200 is a great piece of kit but was over 220 euro at the time with 60 for fitting on top of that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Once you connect the phone to the parrot kit using bluetooth its simply a case of pressing play on the music player widget. I prefer rocket player.

Advertisement