Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Line speed

Options
  • 22-01-2013 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

I not sure what speed of a broad band connection I'm paying for, how do I check this? 

Also how can I find out what speed I am actually getting? 

I had problems with connection dropping the last ten years but finally got resolved when an engineer called out, I know before this the line speed was reduced to see if it was that the line couldn't handle the speeds, this was not the case.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

midlouth wrote: »
    I not sure what speed of a broad band connection I'm paying for, how do I check this? 

Also how can I find out what speed I am actually getting? 

I had problems with connection dropping the last ten years but finally got resolved when an engineer called out, I know before this the line speed was reduced to see if it was that the line couldn't handle the speeds, this was not the case.

Hi midlouth

I have a record of your number from a previous query you had in the past.
    You are subscribed to a broadband package called "next generation broadband regular" which offers up to 8mb download speeds depending on the strength of your line and your line is capable of holding up to 5mb download speeds. there is also an unlimited download allowance with this plan.

I have conducted a few tests. I believe I may have identified what may be causing slow speeds. I have discovered that your zyxel modem is in need of a firmware upgrade. I can email you a firmware update file and instructions of how to upload this file if you would like to PM me your email address in which I can send his file to? You can also contact broadband technical support on 1890260260 to request them to attempt to update the firmware remotely.

Regards

Al

Advertisement