Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commuting from Duleek to Baldoyle Ind. Est (without a car!)

Options
  • 22-01-2013 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Hi, just wondering if anyone would have any suggestions for getting from Duleek to Baldoyle Industrial Estate? At the moment, I get the 103 Bus Eireann bus at 06.55 into O'Connell St., and then head down to Connolly Station to get the train out to Howth Junction. I have to be in work for 09.00 so the only other thing I can think of is to get a bike and cycle over to Drogheda train station and get the train from there to Howth Junction. Any other suggestions/ ideas would be appreciated :) I know driving would be best, but I can't drive and don't have a car I could use anyway so not an option at the moment!
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,681 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Try out www.a-b.ie for options.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,366 ✭✭✭✭Victor

There is Bus Éireann route 188 Duleek-Drogheda, although you then have to go from the bus station to the train station.

Not many other realistic options.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Lisa78

lxflyer wrote: »
    Try out www.a-b.ie for options.

I'll have a look at that, thanks very much lxflyer.

Victor wrote: »
    There is Bus Éireann route 188 Duleek-Drogheda, although you then have to go from the bus station to the train station.

Not many other realistic options.

Hi Victor, I had a look at the 188 alright but from what I remember the first bus was at half 8 so wouldn't have suited me to get into work on time. Thanks anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

OP it might be worth finding out if there is anybody else from Duleek who would drive to the train stations in Droghega, Laytown, Gormondstown or Balbriggan and see if you can hitch a lift with them (say offer a share towards the petrol/parking to sweeten the deal).

Failing that sticking with the 103/DART is probably your best option I'm afraid.

• Advertisement

Hi P_1, yeah I was thinking that might end up working out if I can find someone. I should be able to contribute a good bit towards petrol and still spend less than on bus!
    Thanks
    P_1 wrote: »
    OP it might be worth finding out if there is anybody else from Duleek who would drive to the train stations in Droghega, Laytown, Gormondstown or Balbriggan and see if you can hitch a lift with them (say offer a share towards the petrol/parking to sweeten the deal).

Failing that sticking with the 103/DART is probably your best option I'm afraid.

Advertisement