Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Atlantic Storm Watch: Turning Unsettled with Gales

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Most severe shower of the day so far at the moment. near horizontal rain and severe gusts.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Getting very stormy now in Galway some very violent wind gusts, the wind pushed the sea up the river Corrib and has flooded low lying parts of the City

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Lough Atalia road and wolf tone bridge both closed in galway because the wind is pushing the tide onto the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

100 km/h gust at Dublin Airport.

Mace Head gusting to 114 km/h.

Kinsale Energy is just below sustained storm force.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Seaneh wrote: »
    Lough Atalia road and wolf tone bridge both closed in galway because the wind is pushing the tide onto the road.

Low tide at the moment so its nothing to do with that, did you not see the rain this morning?

Heavy shower again at the moment though most of the flash flooding has cleared

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭cyclops999

Nothing to much in Athlone the odd heavy shower with thunder and some strong gusts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Kilkee, Around 45 seconds in :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭eddiem10

dacogawa wrote: »

Where did that photographer go???(48 seconds)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Ha, where did yourman at the quay wall go?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

What happened to the cameraman did he get swept away? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Spindle

The guy waiting with his SLR got closer than he wanted, actually where did he disappear to??

Just a word of caution though, freak waves can easily catch you off, so stay a safe distance back, it is nice to look at and see, but not very nice if you end up in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Seaneh wrote: »
    Ha, where did yourman at the quay wall go?!

He ran, apparently he's fine but a bit damp!

100 km/h gust at Dublin Airport.

Mace Head gusting to 114 km/h.

Kinsale Energy is just below sustained storm force.

I notice Sherkin Island is gone N/A as well, there were high gusts down there this morning before it went, wonder if it just after losing power.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Seriously stormy here in Castlebar, a gust a few minutes ago felt like it shook the house, any idea if it is due to get worse on the west coast and how long this will last?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

The weather has been so strangely changeabe in the East. Sunny and clear skies, then suddenly I'm getting swept off my feet by the wind and rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Agreed its very bad in Castlebar at the moment. Frequent severe gusts. I was talking to someone from Achill and they said the lightening down there yesterday was very bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

43ft waves at the M6 buoy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Harry Deerpark

The video reminded me how annoying D4 accents are. Haven't heard one in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Girl in the car offically baptised and future weather boardsie for sure! :pac:

Great video :)

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭cyclops999

cyclops999 wrote: »
    Nothing to much in Athlone the odd heavy shower with thunder and some strong gusts.
    Spoke to soon wind and rain really beefed up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,192 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Iancar29 wrote: »
    Girl in the car offically baptised and future weather boardsie for sure! :pac:

Great video :)

I wouldnt be letting too much of that salt water near my undercarriage, so to speak!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Wind goes up. ;)

238395.png

Current data for Mayo/Roscommon border PWS
    28 Jan 2013 15:36:56

Temperature (°C):
    Current 7,0
    Trend (per hour) -0,4
    Average today 4,5
    Wind chill 1,8
    Heat Index 7,0
    Dew Point 6,9
    Rel Humidity 99%

Wind (km/h):
    Current Gust 57,6 WSW
    Average Speed 43,2 SW

Rainfall (mm):
    Current rate 0,0
    Last hour 1,2
    Total today 5,7
    Total yesterday 2,1
    Total this month 33,0
    Total this year 33,0

Pressure (hPa):
    Current 958,3
    Trend (per hour) -0,1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Where did the guy with the camera taking pictures in the video go to , he was luck not to be swept out to sea.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭nerrad1983

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Where did the guy with the camera taking pictures in the video go to , he was luck not to be swept out to sea.

I was thinking the very same thing myself :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

nerrad1983 wrote: »
    I was thinking the very same thing myself :eek:

If you stop it at 54 seconds you can see him running in front of the car

• Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭thomasj

Irish rail tweeting that lansdowne road DART station is currently closed due to high winds and falling debris.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

55kts or 102km/h gust recorded at Waterford Airport this morning. Winds have abated significantly here in the last few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,192 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

thomasj wrote: »
    Irish rail tweeting that lansdowne road DART station is currently closed due to high winds and falling debris.

Yes apparently bits are falling off the Aviva stadium. Thats not frightening at all. :eek:

55kts or 102km/h gust recorded at Waterford Airport this morning. Winds have abated significantly here in the last few hours.

They have picked up again here in Cork after going down for a bit, interesting to see what the 4pm report has, seems the sustained winds are up a bit, but since I have nothing to measure them that is pure speculation based on my years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

thomasj wrote: »

Thank god I finish early in the afternoon.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement